Hello!.... Again....

Options
EmilyDawn1111
EmilyDawn1111 Posts: 42 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all!

I have tried to lose weight and I never stuck with it. I have recently reached out to a good friend of mine who is a personal trainer and he has offered to help me. So this time I will have someone to hold me accountable. I'm hoping that will help my journey.

So a little history is in order I suppose so here it is,

I have been fat my whole life. I remember being 11 years old and weighing 180 pounds. Through my teenage years and a little bit of my adult life I stayed steady at about 260 pounds. Not great by any means but I was happy and confidant.

I have always worked in retail. On your feet all day and running back and fourth through the store. Lifting heavy boxes etc.. Last year in March I had the opportunity to start a desk job which would give me more money, and guaranteed 40 hours a week. If those weren't good enough perks, I was also offered a RRSP plan and full benefits. I took the job. The only negative impact the job has had on me is my weight. I have gained 50 pounds in less than a year and my day to day activities are getting more and more difficult. I can't even shave my legs without having to curl up into a ball. My belly is always in the way. Worst of all I have lost a lot of my confidence.
I have a very supportive boyfriend who loves me just the way I am, but I don't love myself the way I used to. The way that I should...

So here I am! I will be 24 years old in May, and I weigh a whopping 310 pounds. Yay me. I'm just looking to make some friends who are going through or have gone through similar situations. I will probably not be logging my calories just yet, but I will be updating my profile with my weight as I go. My first day at the gym is this Thursday. Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• phoenix74162
    phoenix74162 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best of luck on this journey. The sooner you start logging calories, the better of you will be. There are a lot of amazing and supportive people here that are always ready with a kind word, or great advise. Sending a friend request.
  • millomite01
    millomite01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! I managed to lose it by using this app and willpower. If you have the support of those close to you it helps enormously. My mantra was Eat Less Move More.
  • KerrieMac10
    KerrieMac10 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!
  • EmilyDawn1111
    EmilyDawn1111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)