Dieted Unhealthily, Gained It All Back, Trying Again Only Better This Time...

Options
cmdrmanders
cmdrmanders Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!

My name is Amanda and I'm a 23 year old freelance artist, I've been on this website for a good long while. In 2014-2015 I lost a lot of weight due to both a lack of eating and being very sick. I thought the weight loss was great but I was wrong. I ended up changing back to my old ways so I could put weight back on and... I put all the weight back on +7 more lbs...

Since then I've done a ton of researching different eating habits that could help me lose weight but do it in a healthy way so I can keep it off.

I've since picked up a Pescetarian diet. Cutting out all red meat, poultry, junk food, microwave dinners, snack cakes, chocolate, excess amounts of sugar, soda, chips, and overly processed foods.

I'm 9 days in and things are going great!

If anyone would like to add me please feel free to do so!

Replies

• karinaknight
    karinaknight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • lee141414
    lee141414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dont do anything with the word diet, you are either on or off them. It sound simple but healthy eating via macros is the best way to loose weight in the long run, as you are not restricted to certain foods. You just need to have the correct daily amounts of protien carbs and fat. The quicker it comes off with these diets the quicker it comes back.

But good luck anyway
  • cmdrmanders
    cmdrmanders Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lee141414 wrote: »
    dont do anything with the word diet, you are either on or off them. It sound simple but healthy eating via macros is the best way to loose weight in the long run, as you are not restricted to certain foods. You just need to have the correct daily amounts of protien carbs and fat. The quicker it comes off with these diets the quicker it comes back.

But good luck anyway

A diet is defined as the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats. When I use the word 'diet' I do not mean I'm doing one of these silly fad diets.
    A Pescetarian diet is simply a vegetarian diet (which is very healthy and has given many people successful weight loss and a healthier life) in which the person can also eat fish.
    I'm not doing anything stupid or unhealthy. I've done fad diets in the past and have learned that all they do is make you sick and the weight you lose doesn't stay gone long.
    With my new changes I've made to my diet I am not limiting myself the amount of food I can eat and I make certain that I'm getting exactly what I need nutrient wise, the only things I have cut from my diet are the ones I know, through almost a year of research, to be less than good for me.
    Please don't assume someone is doing a fad diet just because they use the word 'diet' and just because something has the word 'diet' doesn't make it bad.