Your favorite low carb high protein meals!

Options
Hey everyone! I wanted to start a post about high protein meals. What is your favorite thing? I have trouble making meals that are low carb, gluten free and high protein, but my worst meal of the day to stick to is breakfest!! I wanted to make a place where people ca post and find recipes! And Go!

Replies

• jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    A steak, eggs, chicken, pork. All high protein low carb.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Grilled cod and veggies
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    oven baked salmon and oven roasted veg
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I am having a HPLC meal tonight.

Korean chicken with sauted matchstick zucchini, carrots and cabbage along with roasted brussel sprouts.
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This is delicious. Had it last night but it is for low carb high protein high fat diets. I am trying to kick sugar so doing this until I can get the cravings out of the way and balance a little more.

Cut up a head of cabbage and mix with favorite oil and salt and pepper. Put on a cookie sheet on 400 and roast until it starts to get a little crisper texture. I can't remember the time but you could google how to roast cabbage.

Boil 1 - 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp and then when it is pink drain, peel and mix with a combo of butter and garlic until coated and heated through. Set aside.

In another pan make a roux of 1 1/2 TBS butter and 1 TBS garlic and onion as you like chopped small. When the onion looks transparent put in 1-2 TBS of cornstarch or almond flour or whatever you want to use. (This is not no carb but very low carb.) Add 1 TBS of cream cheese and let that melt in a bit. Add 2 cups of chicken stock, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, salt and pepper. Cook until it thickens. Then add 1 cup of your favorite cheese - parmesan or romano, etc.

Add all together. It is awesome! A way to make fettuccine Alfredo without the noodles. This is not low calorie but for people who are wanting the comfort of Italian food and not the carbs this is delicious! We do the same with spaghetti dishes.

Breakfast for me is tomato slices with cream cheese and then smoked salmon on top and bacon on top of that when I am doing low carb.

• overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You know leftover dinner at breakfast when you are trying to do low carb high protein helps because eggs and bacon etc gets boring after a while. Its fast and sets off your day right.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Dinner:
    Pan fried (touch of olive oil to get it going) salmon filet, 6-8 oz depending on how I've been during the day
    A couple handfuls of romaine lettuce salad no dressing
    sriracha sauce over it all

After that for the next couple of days I usually have a breakfast of...

Breakfast:
    1 slice of toast, guess in your case that would be gluten-free toast-substitute
    2-4 oz of leftover salmon
    sriracha sauce over it all

or

salmon and eggwhite scramble
    with... wait for it... can you guess... what else?

vm3tueey4kym.png

413.png 869.8K
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jolieaodom wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I wanted to start a post about high protein meals. What is your favorite thing? I have trouble making meals that are low carb, gluten free and high protein, but my worst meal of the day to stick to is breakfest!! I wanted to make a place where people ca post and find recipes! And Go!

Breakfast for me is usually lower carb. I like 2 egg omelets with vegetables and some smoked salmon or possibly low fat cottage cheese on the side.

I have been doing bacon and eggs (over easy) with cauliflower and fennel or broccoli on the side.

I also, lately, have had leftover chicken with avocado and a pear, but switch the pear with something less carby like broccoli plus a few berries, maybe.

Tonight for dinner I will be low on calories so plan to have some lamb, turnips, and mushrooms, endive, and zucchini, probably -- that is pretty low carb. You could use any meat/fish.

Really, just leave out or keep to a small serving things with higher carbs and increase the servings of the other stuff or add in a replacement (like half an avocado instead of potato).
  • Lizarking
    Lizarking Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    dead animals stir fried in peanut oil with veggies. usually garlic, bell pepper, onion, asparagus
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Lizarking wrote: »
    dead animals stir fried in peanut oil with veggies. usually garlic, bell pepper, onion, asparagus

With peanut butter.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'm just enjoying a low carb eggs benedict casserole as I type. Found the recipe on pinterest, it's delicious!!!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    overin2015 wrote: »
    eggs and bacon etc gets boring after a while

Was it, who, Samuel Johnson, who said "When a man is tired of eggs and bacon he is tired of life"?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    sympha01 wrote: »
    overin2015 wrote: »
    eggs and bacon etc gets boring after a while

Was it, who, Samuel Johnson, who said "When a man is tired of eggs and bacon he is tired of life"?

Dunno, but he did define oats as: "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland appears to support the people."

That's not a low carb breakfast anyway, though!
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    meat with some side meat and a meat amuse-bouche.
  • SymbolismNZ
    SymbolismNZ Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/ham-and-cheese-keto-stromboli/

Made this several times, it's freaking delicious, 4.7g net carb per serving while also providing 25.6g protein and 21g of fat.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/ham-and-cheese-keto-stromboli/

Made this several times, it's freaking delicious, 4.7g net carb per serving while also providing 25.6g protein and 21g of fat.

I absolutely love this recipe :)

• Getlost1369
    Getlost1369 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Protein brownie
  • clrss1
    clrss1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Baked eggs shaksuka