I need help

Options
hello,

I need some help with meal ideas which are low carbs, i am on 1200 calories a day and I am not using all my calories but going over of certain bits eg protein and carbs which are sugars etc......

I need some suggestions on low carb meals, because i am used to weight watchers where you check calories and sat fats this is very new to me....i need educating on how to start looking at protein, fat and carbs...

all help will be gratefully received!!!!

thanks Jodie

Replies

• daneslord
    daneslord Posts: 31
    Options
    I suggest less bread. I kid you not, just eating the inside of a sandwiched, chopped up with lettuce will help a lot.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've done Atkins and if you look into doing some of that you will get rid of the carbs :) More meat, eggs and tuna are great. less bread, pasta, rice, and potatoes, and I hate to say it fruit is full of carbs...check the labels if it says carbs put it down. You can sacrifice some carbs if there is lots of fiber, they counter balance each other. Does that help any? Best of luck.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I go over my proteins a lot. But I don't view that as a good thing. With the workouts I do I need the extra protein.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    MFP protein levels are set pretty low. I changed them for me.

Eggs for breakfast instead of cereal. Keeps you fuller longer. Entree salads for lunch (I'll bring things like taco meat or chicken in buffalo sauce in a separate tupperware, then heat them and throw them on top of spinach. Having the meat warm somehow makes it seem like more of a meal, plus I am NOT skippy on the amount of meat I use. Brown rice, or whole wheat pasta for dinner.
  • jodiemig
    jodiemig Posts: 5
    Options
    thanks for the help options, i am trying not to eat bread second day today lol and craving it still?? i am having sausage for tea on weight watchers i would never dare have sausages lol x
  • jodiemig
    jodiemig Posts: 5
    Options
    thank you for advice but love some meal plan ideas i keep writing notes on what good and not good to eat getting very confused lol...xx