Breakfast shake

Options
Does anyone have any ideas how I can start my day off with a big breakfast shake I find eating hard so hoping to get a lot of calories out the way to start my day.

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Pancakes my favorite way to pack in extra calories in the am.

4 eggs
    2 scoops protein powder
    1/2 cup oats
    1/4 cup cottage cheese or yogurt
    1 banana

Throw it all in a blender and fry them up on low heat with coconut oil. With syrup you'll easily hit over 1000 calories on that.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies with bananas, blueberries, spinach, whey protein, almond butter, 4% Greek yogurt and whole milk. You can play around with the ratios to increase the cals and macros to suit your needs
  • Bridogg72
    Bridogg72 Posts: 45 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I don't like early morning eating so start the day with a blended smoothie of frozen fruits, whole milk, protein powder, creatine usually about 500-600 easily drinkable calories. As the day goes on I get my calories from solid food. I vary the fruit and add additional things like honey or cinnamon etc to vary the taste. If I want a lot of calories I'd stick in some peanut butter
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Here's a great breakfast shake recipe, courtesy of Alan Aragon:

14 oz room-temperature or cold coffee (make this the night before)
    1 frozen banana
    1.5-2 cups ice
    2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
    2 scoops chocolate protein powder
    1 oz. walnuts

How to make it:
    Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until you hit your desired consistency. If you want a thicker shake, use 2 cups of ice.

Calories: 565
    Protein: 47g
    Carbs: 53g (Fiber 11g)
    Fat: 22g

Sodium 401 mg
    Potassium 1062 mg

[ETA:] Add two tablespoons of peanut butter for about 190 more calories if you really want/need them. The walnuts are pretty calorie dense too, so you could double up on them and boost the calorie count also.
  • Graham7679
    Graham7679 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I.m the same don't feel like eating first thing in morning so been doing smoothies

Almond milk. Peanut butter. Oats . Protein powder. Banana . 2eggs
    About 500+ cal

Another one is.
    Almond milk . protein powder. Peanut butter. Mixed berries frozen . Kale

Do taste nice
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Graham7679 wrote: »
    I.m the same don't feel like eating first thing in morning so been doing smoothies

About 500+ cal

Another one is.

Do taste nice

Question for you... in the second one, can you taste the kale and does your blender blend the stems too? I think I tried to use kale once (vs. spinach) and it left all these stemmy clumpy pieces behind, uch! :s
  • musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ton of time in the morning so I just do a mass gainer shake and bring fruits and veggies to work with me. The mass gainer I like the best is the ON Pro Gainer, has the best macros in my opinion.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Graham7679 wrote: »

About 500+ cal

Another one is.

Do taste nice

Question for you... in the second one, can you taste the kale and does your blender blend the stems too? I think I tried to use kale once (vs. spinach) and it left all these stemmy clumpy pieces behind, uch! :s

Next time you can pinch the stems off before blending