C25k - How fast do people walk/run?

Options
2»

Replies

• FasterBehr
    FasterBehr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started C25K with 6.0kmh walk and 7.0kmh run intervals. I now run at 8.2kmh but it feels much easier than it used to at 7.0 when I started out!

For context however: I'm happy with not pushing the speed element as I'm concentrating on improving resilience and endurance; I followed the wisdom of other C25K posters here and really focussed on taking it slowing and building up. I started out at over 300lbs and have remained free of injury so the approach works. I now run 3-4 times a week and average 12-16 miles. Now at 248lbs thanks to a running and a consistent calorie deficit #runningislifechanging.
  • MagBird1103
    MagBird1103 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    On treadmill:
    Walking at 3.5
    Running at 5.5

(This is my second time doing C25K. Completed it first running at 5.0 and now I'm going through it again at a faster pace in hopes of improving my 5k time)
  • guacamole17
    guacamole17 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I walk at 3 on the TM; jog at 4.4 for the time being. I just finished week 6, day 1 this morning.

When I'm outside my pace is slightly faster overall, but with the cold bothering my lungs, TM or nothing for now. Unfortunately.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it on the treadmill right now. I walk at 3.5 mph and run at 4.6 mph.