Anyone over 60 years old here?

Options
VixFit2011
VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
I love younger people but would like to communicate with some people over 60 along with continuing to be pals with the "youngsters"

Replies

• nudqt
    nudqt Posts: 98
    Options
    Pick me...I am over 60, by a few months....

But I am closing the gap on 250 pounds....hoping to be uner 250# by Monday's weigh in.

I found my way here by my daughter....and her friends....but they are 'youngsters'....smile.

I am Patti, I live in WA state....I am a mom to 2 (Eddie and Heather) They are 38 and 24 respectively.....and GRANDMA to one....Allison.
  • ezrunnerp
    ezrunnerp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and finding that it is so much harder to keep the weight down than in even my 50's! I like to run and stay active, but even when I have a calorie deficit, according to MFP, the scale still doesn't budge!!!! I would love to communicate with others in this age group and see how things are going with them and give some mutual support.
  • Bebisc
    Bebisc Posts: 8
    Options
    I would also love to be in the over 60 group. I will be 64 tomorrow and have been on the site just 2 days and find it very helpful. I work full time, have not so good knees and am limited to just leisure walking for exercise. I have learned over the past two years to eat healthier (I also have 2 heart stents) and have lost and kept off 30 lbs. I would still like to lose about 15 more (goal wgt about 125 to 130). Hope you will add me or advise how I go about joining.
  • TerryBeeBee
    Options
    I turned 60 in July and decided that this was it. I have to lose weight and get in better shape not only for me but for my kids and grandkids. They mean the world to me and I want to be around for a long time. I'm doing the calories and the Curves curcuit. Losing inches but not much weight. I'm by no means discouraged because I feel and look better. I was tired all the time and now I feel energized. My daughter is also in here and she is my inspiration. I can't do the workouts that she does but eventually I sure hope I can. I have a long history of medical problems but thankfully all has been good for the past 2 years. Ok enough talking add me as a friend and we can go on our journey together!!
  • Murphk323
    Murphk323 Posts: 184
    Options
    I just want to say to all these ladies - ya'll are amazing and completely inspiring. :)
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Hi: I read your post. I am over 60 and it has been slow. The doctors say it is because we dont have a lot of muscle mass.

Please feel free to friend me.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I can relate. I turned 60 this past July.
  • Dakota111
    Options
    I am definitely over 60 ... will be 70 years young come September. I quite smoking seven years ago and gained 50 pounds, which I am still carrying around. I was going to have a start date to begin counting calories on January 9. As life would have it, I fell and severely broke my ankle January 8. I have two plates and 20 screws holding it all together. I am in an air-cast boot and will not be able to put full weight on the foot for a few more weeks ... am only allowed to put 100 pounds on it now. I have been at my youngest daughter's home for rehabilitation ... will be going back to my own apartment on April 20. My plan is to begin calorie counting on Sunday, April 22.

I don't believe I will be able to step on a scale to find my weight. What I will be able to do is put on the jeans I wore the night of the break and see if they still fit. Hopefully, I haven't gained these past three months. At least I'll be able to estimate my weight.

I'm not at all sure how to find out if anyone replies to me. I did manage to find these messages for OVER 60 ... guess I'll go from there.

I look forward to walking this weight-loss journey with others.
  • willy0524
    willy0524 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    61 going on 45 in mind, ha others think that would be 70 but its how you feel. I've been told by a few that 60's are the new 40's just wish I could keep up. Any 60's child is more than welcome to add me. :smokin:
  • annie660
    Options
    I am 70 years old and just recently joined here. I have been overweight for about 40 years and am so motivated to get it off. I need to lose over 100 pounds and need to lose due to health issues.