TWO NSVs? One right after the other? It's too good to be t

Options
Hopeinanguish
Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
So this is my first official NSV thread, but I couldn't help it! I promised myself that if either of these events occurred, I would make my first post...and imagine, they both happened within 5 minutes of each other!

I was at the store shopping for some new tops for work and I asked an employee if she could grab me one of the ones that was hanging up real high, and she said, "sure, which size?" I made the decision to go one size down (1x) and see how it goes, so I asked for the first shirt, thinking it was that size, but it was a 2x. She looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Honey, I don't think 2x will fit you. In fact, do you even belong in this section? (Plus-sized section) Wouldn't the stuff upstairs (skinny/normal section :p) be a better fit?" Totally made my day.

Second, everything I tried on in the smaller size fit! It was so nice to be a size down and make decisions solely based on how things looked vs whether it was available in my size! *sigh* Happy day! Just wanted to send everyone who reads this some encouragement...the changes will happen and it will amaze you! Your discipline WILL pay off!

Replies

• Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    im so happy for you my twin!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    wow you must be thrilled! thats amazing
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I love reading NSV! :D
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Had a similar experience shopping awhile back, the lady was almost rude about it. LOL
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!! :smile:
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!! :) Congrats!
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!
  • LHSHokie
    LHSHokie Posts: 18
    Options
    Reading your post made me smile. I remember going to Old Navy a couple of months ago and my husband forcing me to try on a size medium shirt. I thought he was crazy ... but he ended up being right. There are two good things about stories like these ... (1) people see you for who you really are, not who you think you are, and (2) your progress is moving faster than even you realize. Keep up the great work!
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Girl, I have been there and done that!!! What an awesome day you had!! And just wait when you don't have to go to the plus size deptartment any more! I got coupons in the mail yesterday for Avenue (plus size store that I haven't had to shop there in about 4 yrs!) and it went straight to the trash!! You will be there one day!!

Keep up the great work!!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How exciting!! Congratulations on your great progress!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • ladyerin79
    ladyerin79 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you, Hope!!! You are doing so great, and I love your NSV! I'm so proud of you. Way to go, honey! *hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    Yay I'm sure that feels amazing!!! So happy for you, and proud too:)
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love this! So happy for you!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    What a great day with 2 NSV's!! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!