Vegan naturalist

Options
Any other vegans here?

I use myfitnesspal mostly to make sure I am getting proper nutrition but I particularly have a hard time with calcium and iron.

I am also a naturalist, so I like one ingredient items.

Any recommendations?

Replies

• stephernorris
    stephernorris Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Following- My husband and I are new vegans and need all the help we can get!
  • shannon_wyers
    shannon_wyers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also following.
  • LittleBoBeep9
    LittleBoBeep9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Dark Leafy Greens help to get both of these things naturally. Kale, Spinach, etc. That is what I eat to get them at least.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Dark Leafy Greens help to get both of these things naturally. Kale, Spinach, etc. That is what I eat to get them at least.

Spinach is high in oxalic acid. That blocks the absorption of iron, making in a poor source of iron for us.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Non Vegan. My diet is mostly organic plants, but I also eat animals that were local an raised humately (grass fed, etc) as well. Getting more into naturalism every day......refuse to take pills/meds, all organic makeup, etc.
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    BEARSpaternalUNIT Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods Vegan here...I'm a friend to anyone wanting one! Vegans unite!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Beans, nuts, seeds. Vitamin C rich foods boost iron absorption.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan, but I'm far from a naturalist. I love some Gardein fishless fish filets and Tofurkey slices on toast. With that said, I love eating steamed and raw veggies and tofu, because you can eat your fill and not blow as many calories.
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    danatrain wrote: »
    I am also a naturalist, so I like one ingredient items.

That is not what I was thinking when I saw naturalist in the title. :p

• CountessGrotesque
    CountessGrotesque Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Vegetarian wanting to transition to vegan this year. I'm cruelty-free and vegan in every other aspect of my life though. I'd love vegan friends on here
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm a vegan, I think of myself as a healthy person, but sometimes, rarely cos it causes me some issues, I'll eat say, vegan sausages or something on the like, other than that, 99% of what I eat is homemade, by me, I live near the market so there's fresh produce here!! Ahh...but I do take a protein shake when I lift.