Healthy hangover cure??

Options
2»

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    mass water and 5 teaspoons of vegemite. I'm pretty sure most American's couldn't handle the vegemite as most Australians can't :tongue:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    tomato juice
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hair of the dog! Not healthy but.......
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Luckily we don't have vegemite in the UK and I'm not touching marmite! Bleurgh...

I can't stomach tomato juice normally so not going to try today!

I've put the fish fingers in the oven :smile:
  • SunshineAndLove
    SunshineAndLove Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm going to cry again, I can't get into my can of bakes beans :sad: where's my other half when I need him eh!!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Hair of the dog! Not healthy but.......

it's healthy if you make a bloody mary!
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Two multivitamins, Vitamin Water, (the Multi-V one), Aspirin, television, crackers. OR if you are able to do so -- go and work out at the gym -- I know it sounds crazy, but it helps to sweat out the toxins and will make you feel better (and believe me, I know that's NOT an easy thing to even think about when you're hungover, but it works). Hugs!
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Coconut water works wonders.
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    if no vegemite, a vitamin b tablet should suffice :)
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    To help prevent a hangover try a tall glass of water with asprin and a multivitamin before you go to sleep.
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    plenty of water and a 20 mile cycle did the trick for me today
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Nothing to add than the chime of TONS of H20, but for those recommending painkillers before bed? You're still drunk at that point, and alcohol + painkillers = stomach bleeding.

I know because I did it to myself.

It was one of the worst memories of my life.

I try to drink at least 3 glasses of water before I nod off when I've been drinking. As long as I drink some more in the morning and force myself to eat something it works.
  • CeeGee101
    CeeGee101 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ditto on above plenty of water, sweat out the toxins AND very important: cranberry pills (best) or cranberry juice if you can't get the pills. This cuts down the high sugar content of the alcohol which is the major part of the hangover.
  • elcafefuerte
    Options
    Since my very first hangover, a fresh green apple has always been my cure. Something about the sweet freshness of a crunchy apple makes me feel better. Of course, there are still a few vomit sessions before the apple takes.
  • ForgetHangovers
    Options
    I have a company called Forget Hangovers. Unfortunately it wont help with your current hangover, but you should try my product before your next night out drinking. It's a all natural vitamin B-1 (thiamine) patch that will help prevent the symptoms (acetaldehyde and dehydration) of a hangover before they start. The transdermal patch will allow for constant uptake of the vitamin (Vitamin B-1 is water soluble so it will dilute in 3-4 hours vs. 24-36 hours with the patch) and maximum absorption (7-10% with a pill or tablet vs. 50-70 with the patch).

I hope you give it a try and you can check out the website for additional info: www.forgethangovers.com

Good luck with the current hangover. Water, electrolytes and rest always seem to help
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I do scrambled eggs with any random veggies I have laying around. Plus anything I can find to drink: juice, water, milk (soy milk)... then I go back to bed for as long as possible.

Hope you feel better!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hey, I found this today. I'd like to know who's going to stand on their head to help a hangover! I drink lots of water at night and a nice greasy breakfast in the AM. Perhaps some cardio later to sweat it all out.

Check out this article for a yoga cure - http://foxborofitclub.com/fitness/yoga-for-a-hangover/