FitBit didn't synch?

Options
sunnyazgirl
sunnyazgirl Posts: 271 Member
edited December 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I have had my FitBit Zip for a year and a half now. It has faithfully recorded my steps and synched it to MFP daily ever since. Last night I went to synch it and it did not synch. It does register on the FitBit website, so the problem seems to be getting it to record my steps here on MFP. Any suggestions?

edit: It actually shows that it synchs, but the steps do not show up on my diary.....

Replies

• Bellipong
    Bellipong Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem with my Fitbit Alta. In not even sure where I'm supposed to be looking!!!
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit hasn't been synching with MFP for days now although it used to just fine. Everything is set up properly but it's just not updating to MFP. I don't know why and I just give up trying to figure it out.
  • martinlyl
    martinlyl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ditto. Such a disappointment. Charge 2 for Christmas. I log exercises on it. It is not syncing with mfp to update calorie expenditure. :(
    Please fix this Mfp!
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    Well, at lest it's not just me. I am very bummed out. I am trying to estimate my steps on the low side and manually entering my walk. It's not the same, though.
  • Whatsonmyplate23
    Options
    This just in. May explain why! 825wwr3314h2.png
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    Well, it is past the time for the maintenance. it is 11 PM on Thursday and my steps still will not show up! :/
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Is this still not fixed? I haven't been on for awhile, but today I started logging again and noticed that my Alta is not synching between Fitbit and MFP.
  • strikermiz
    strikermiz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Happened to me too. I went to the website ( not the app) disconnected then reconnected. Viola!
  • debbiej1109
    debbiej1109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same trouble. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting from the website and still nothing
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I had this, went to the 'Steps' category in the app and it appears the recent maintenance changed the default to "Don't count steps". I changed it back to "Use FitBit to count steps" and about an hour later it suddenly got on board.
  • Getlost1369
    Getlost1369 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try to turn off the Bluetooth thenntyrn it back on. Or go to mfpa and apps and press the blur check to see if it will sync that way
  • sunnyazgirl
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I had this, went to the 'Steps' category in the app and it appears the recent maintenance changed the default to "Don't count steps". I changed it back to "Use FitBit to count steps" and about an hour later it suddenly got on board.

"Don't Count Steps" is checked. It won't uncheck. I am not sure what to do here.

edit: I figured it out. Hopefully it will work now. Thanks!
  • sunnyazgirl
    Options
    Well, fixing the Don't Count Steps didn't work, at least yesterday's steps never showed up. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my zip. Still nothing. I will wait and see if when I synch at the end of the day it makes a difference.
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    i read that you have to log a pretend exercise in mfp say for 2 calories and it will prompt fitbit to sync. unfortunately, it only did it for a few entries of mine and not all the backlogging.
  • bearzen
    bearzen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started using MFP to log again and I can't get my Fitbit to register... 2nd day now.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    bearzen wrote: »
    I just started using MFP to log again and I can't get my Fitbit to register... 2nd day now.

Go to every mobile device you have the MFP app installed and disconnect with Fitbit. Make sure you don't have more than one MFP account (that has happened to some returning members). If you have other apps synced, such as MapMyXXX or Runkeeper, you may want to disconnet them from both MFP and Fitbit just in case. You can always resync them once you get MFP and Fitbit working properly.

Go to the Fitbit website and revoke access for MFP. Wait 15 minutes for the disconnecting to propagate across the different servers. Then from a computer start the linking process again from the MFP web site. Once that is done, check on your mobile device Menu > Steps and verify Fitbit Tracker is set to on as your step source.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1427466-what-if-data-doesn-t-appear-to-be-syncing-from-fitbit-to-myfitnesspal-