I'm new to this!

Hopefully I can stay disciplined to keep daily track of my diet and exercise!

Replies

• plumbguy101
    plumbguy101 Posts: 42 Member
    I've used this app 3 years ago and it was a great tool for losing weight. I lost 20 lbs. I am back to get back into shape for summer vacation. I know I can do it again.
  • guitarmanrp
    guitarmanrp Posts: 1 Member
    I am new too, I am about to start tomorrow. My problem is I don't know whats good to get for meals for my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm single and not used to putting meals together. I like all kinds of foods but don't know whats good to get and put together for breakfast, lunch and dinner that are good for me and to loose weight. Any idea's to put these 3 meals together to help me get started for a good diet would be greatly appreciated. Got any :smiley:
  • duffyj64
    duffyj64 Posts: 5 Member
    Good luck small steps can lead to big results
  • Patolaa
    Patolaa Posts: 2 Member
    @guitarmanrp I am in this same pickle. I've seemed to have breakfast down recently and working on lunch and dinner. I start my day wîth a glass of water and 1 scoop of psyllium husk. This is a fiber. Helps with fullness and digestion. For breakfast I have one Greek oikos yogurt cup in coconut flavour. A cup of grapes. 1 clementine and 3 hard boiled eggs without the yolk. I prepare this in a bento box for portion control.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Look at other people's diaries you get great ideas and tips.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    edited January 2017
    @guitarmanrp
    Once I got my calorie goal I sat down and googled menu plans and meal ideas and wrote down what appealed to me. I actually plan my meals the day before and start my diary ahead of time since I can always add and subtract as I go. Drinks lots of water and focus on veggies and lean meats. If you are busy mid week try and take some time on the weekend to plan and prepare. I found a granola recipe and made that on the weekend so my breakfast this week is 3/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/4 cup of granola with coffee which runs me about 363 calories. I am aiming for 1200 calories a day and find I do best spreading them out so I am close to 400 per meal with some variation. You can adjust for how you feel and when you are hungriest. Tonight I am baking a bunch of chicken breast with hummus. It adds great flavor and not much in calories. Just blot the chicken, coat with a little hummus (any flavor you like), spritz on some lemon juice, sprinkle with paprika and bake. You can have it with a salad for lunch or dinner. Serve with lots of veggies for supper or have it in sandwich. Watch your portions. You can eat anything you want within your daily calories. Frozen veggies are great too. They are easy to steam or stir fry, are just as good as fresh and come in lots of varieties. Throw them in soups too to add fiber and bulk.
    Best of luck to you.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    feel free to add me. I could always use new friends for motivation
  • Hutchinstien
    Hutchinstien Posts: 5 Member
    Doing the same! I'm an avid fitness and health nut. 8 years in the Marines, lost over 40lbs of fat and gained 20lbs of muscle. Working on some experimentation and the 4hr Body Book right now. Looking to help motivate folks and reach our goals together.

Feel free to add!
  • Mattty79
    Mattty79 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Im new here too, giving it a go hoping to do ok.