Working Out When Sick

Options
:sick:

I have some lovely bug, pounding head and very iffy tummy for past 2 days. The bad news is no exercise whatsoever yesterday, able to do 3 miles day before but I did NOT feel good afterwards. Had maybe 1/2 my calorie needs last 2 days. Thinking I should ease off the exercise until tummy isin't ready to revolt at any second. What do other people do about exercise when you aren't feeling so hot. Just curious...Thx!

Replies

• GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :sick:

I have some lovely bug, pounding head and very iffy tummy for past 2 days. The bad news is no exercise whatsoever yesterday, able to do 3 miles day before but I did NOT feel good afterwards. Had maybe 1/2 my calorie needs last 2 days. Thinking I should ease off the exercise until tummy isin't ready to revolt at any second. What do other people do about exercise when you aren't feeling so hot. Just curious...Thx!
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    When I am sick, I take the day off and let my body recover. Hope you get feeling better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    If I am congested, I find that a good, light workout helps clear me up quite a bit. Otherwise, if it's the flu or something with an upset stomach--all bets are off!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You could do something easy...just a short walk or something. i try to do something small when I am sick, because I find it usually makes me feel better...nothing intense though!

Hope you feel better! :flowerforyou:
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    even if you do nothing else, do 10 minutes of stretching. Being bedridden for two days at least for me can really stiffen up a lot of places.
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I'm starting to come down with the cold that the kids were passing around. I sure didn't want to wake up this morning and exercise but I'm so glad I did. Although I sneezed a thousand times on the bike, I feel great now! I'm still sneezing and dripping, but I don't have the headache or backache or any other symptoms that I would normally have with a cold.