I quit

Options
If I don't see any change whether on the scale or in the mirror by the 1St of Feb I am going to quit.... I've been logging and cutting down for 10 days and there's no difference in fact my weight is all over the place. I know I shouldn't expect too much but just a little something by now. It's so depressing
(Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've gone and typed it all now)
Yes I've been logging correctly, no I have no health issues just one of the unlucky ones who have to wait months before weight loss kicks in

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?
  • Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Don't quit, it takes time. I started last year on January 4th, didn't start seeing results till mid February. Went from 292lb to 179lb in 12 months by just eating at a calorie deficit, and doing cardio daily. I don't know you, but I know you're more than able to do this. As a fellow forumer who lost all the weight in a year, I have faith in you, melto1989.

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    How many days did it take to gain the weight?
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    melto1989 wrote: »
    If I don't see any change whether on the scale or in the mirror by the 1St of Feb I am going to quit.... I've been logging and cutting down for 10 days and there's no difference in fact my weight is all over the place. I know I shouldn't expect too much but just a little something by now. It's so depressing
    (Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've gone and typed it all now)
    Yes I've been logging correctly, no I have no health issues just one of the unlucky ones who have to wait months before weight loss kicks in

You have no idea how many times I've said that ... and here I still am. Give it more time. You know yourself, you know it takes you longer.

just hang in there.
  • melto1989
    melto1989 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

27 yo
    91kg (don't know in pounds)
    163cm
    Eating a 1200 limit
    Any other stats you need?
    I've been over estimating everything on my log because I'm waiting till payday to get kitchen scales
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    OK, if you don't want to the effort in then you won't reach your goals.

By effort I mean logging and exercising for more than 10 days.
  • melto1989
    Options
    Lovoas wrote: »
    Don't quit, it takes time. I started last year on January 4th, didn't start seeing results till mid February. Went from 292lb to 179lb in 12 months by just eating at a calorie deficit, and doing cardio daily. I don't know you, but I know you're more than able to do this. As a fellow forumer who lost all the weight in a year, I have faith in you, melto1989.

Thanks it's good to hear someone else didn't see anything till later. Seems everyone's weight just falls off in the beginning. Helps me to keep enduring.
  • Lovoas
    Lovoas Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Lovoas wrote: »

Thanks it's good to hear someone else didn't see anything till later. Seems everyone's weight just falls off in the beginning. Helps me to keep enduring.

Hey, no problem. I used to be so sad and depressed. I'm not saying the depression goes away, but your mind becomes clearer, too. You got this. :)
  • melto1989
    Options
    lizery wrote: »

7years... Hoping to drop 30kg after having all my babies. Let's hope it doesn't take 7years!! Haha
  • melto1989
    Options
    OK, if you don't want to the effort in then you won't reach your goals.

By effort I mean logging and exercising for more than 10 days.

:( I know, that's why I'm hoping by the end of the month I'll have some difference
  • nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Put the scale away for at least a month. The scale is your enemy in the beginning and has derailed more good intentions than it has ever helped. Stay on your plan. Don't give up or you might boomerang to a weight much higher than where you started. And that will not make you happy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    lizery wrote: »

7years... Hoping to drop 30kg after having all my babies. Let's hope it doesn't take 7years!! Haha

so what if it does? the time will still pass....
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

27 yo
    91kg (don't know in pounds)
    163cm
    Eating a 1200 limit
    Any other stats you need?
    I've been over estimating everything on my log because I'm waiting till payday to get kitchen scales

Only this: are you weighing at the same time every day? Your morning weight is not the same as your evening weight. I also wouldn't recommend weighing more than once a day (or even necessarily more than once a week). You're also not trying to lose as much as some other people on here (like me), so it's not going to come off as quickly. That's hard to hear, but it's the truth. If you stick with it, though, you'll eventually see a difference.
  • GreakGoddess
    GreakGoddess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My personal trainer says I can not loose weight only eating 1200 calories. Way too low. Eating this way for years has crashed my metabolism. Now I eat more, more protein, more fiber, NO processed food. Weight lifting and cardiovascular. I finally feel good. More energy and better skin. While I like to love low numbers on scale....it takes time. Quitting is not the answer.

If you had a child that struggled with reading, you would not encourage them to quit. You find different ways to help reading be fun for them. Well, do that for your self. Good luck
  • glitternurse
    glitternurse Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All you have is time,.. until you don't. Your choice how to spend it. Give it 90 days, promise
  • GreakGoddess
    GreakGoddess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ps. Scales lie throughout the day. Off course it up and down last 10 days. Morning, afternoon, evening, night....all different results.

Try hiding scale. Bring it out first day of month, first thing in morning.
  • Lipsmahoney
    Lipsmahoney Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs in 7 months. I don't count calories, I eat every 2 hours, I am insulin resistant with PCOS and recently diagnosed with celiac. On top of that I am 47. Don't give up. I found what works for me with food combinations, time of day for type of exercise and foods that work with the exercise after an entire life of dieting/exercise plans since I was 5 yrs old. I use MFP for weight tracking only. Don't give up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You write like I thought all those years when I just knew that I wasn't losing weight even though I was on a 1200 calorie daily diet. Get the kitchen scale. All will be revealed.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    How many times have you quit before? How many time will you quit again? Quitting is an excuse for someone who doesn't really want to do the work. It takes time and patience, discipline, willpower and a ton of effort.