Bad day

Options
luckyj214
luckyj214 Posts: 41 Member
Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    You feel depressed because you had McDonalds for breakfast? Why do you eat there if it makes you sad?
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    luckyj214 wrote: »
    Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.

We all mess up from time to time. Try not to let it depress you! Smile and enjoy your day.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Did you eat all your calories for the day? Even if you did, make good choices the rest of the day, train/exercise, move on and get to tomorrow. Maybe look up a nice breakfast recipe you can prepare tonight for tomorrow?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds is the happiest place on earth...don't feel depressed.
    Just use it as impetus to eat better the rest of the day
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    it's easy to let that get to you, but try not to. first of all, mcdonald's breakfast as part of a varied diet isn't all that bad. it has protein, carbs and fat in similar ratios to many 'healthful' breakfasts. it may be a little more calorie dense than you would like, but it won't derail your progress or slow your momentum if you don't let it.

log your breakfast and move on. go for a walk if you want to make up some of the calories, or just eat less the rest of the day. Or just decide that today you may be a little over your goal even if you stay on track for the rest of the day. it's no big deal.

you would have to eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance to gain a pound. that's close to 7 sausage egg and cheese biscuits.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    One bad meal does not constitute a bad day. It was one slip up. Now get back on track.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Mcdonalds is the happiest place on earth...don't feel depressed.
    Just use it as impetus to eat better the rest of the day

Correction: McDonald's is the 3rd happiest place on earth. Preceding it is my bedroom at 1st place and Disney World 2nd.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. What I do when I do something like that is eat a little less the rest of the week depending on how much I went over. If you go over 500 on a Sunday then you can shave off 100 calories until Saturday. Then there's the option of exercising it off.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    I am battling an eating disorder so i am extremely terrified right now
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You could definitely do worse. I, for example, ate chocolate cake for breakfast today. You just have to learn how to have a short-term memory with things like that and move on to do great things. You got this, OP!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Thanks friends. :)
  • luckyj214
    Options
    You feel depressed because you had McDonalds for breakfast? Why do you eat there if it makes you sad?

It was a bad decision. I dont even know why i did it.. i wasnt even hungry!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    captbklee wrote: »
    You could definitely do worse. I, for example, ate chocolate cake for breakfast today. You just have to learn how to have a short-term memory with things like that and move on to do great things. You got this, OP!

Thank youuuuu! Hahaha well... i hope it was the chocolate cake of your dreams!!!
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I ate Mcdonalds almost every day last week. Still lost. You just have to budget those calories if you like the food.
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You got this, LuckyJ. It is one step ina along race.

Deep Breaths and Baby Steps.
    Repeat.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. What I do when I do something like that is eat a little less the rest of the week depending on how much I went over. If you go over 500 on a Sunday then you can shave off 100 calories until Saturday. Then there's the option of exercising it off.

Thanks girl! :) i have to get my butt moving and then i will feel better!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    luckyj214 wrote: »

It was a bad decision. I dont even know why i did it.. i wasnt even hungry!

It wasn't a bad decision, friend. You know you have an eating disorder, so you also know that your thinking is slightly skewed! I'm so glad you posted here today. Having anything for breakfast is not ruining your whole day, it's just starting your day. Allow yourself your breakfast and enjoy it in peace. Log it. I had a sausage and egg with cheese mcmuffin yesterday, it was only 330 cals. Be sure to move your body as much as you can, and tell yourself that eating is completely NORMAL.

Are you seeing someone about this?