Bad day

Options

Replies

• luckyj214
    luckyj214 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    One bad meal does not constitute a bad day. It was one slip up. Now get back on track.

Thank you so much!!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    it's easy to let that get to you, but try not to. first of all, mcdonald's breakfast as part of a varied diet isn't all that bad. it has protein, carbs and fat in similar ratios to many 'healthful' breakfasts. it may be a little more calorie dense than you would like, but it won't derail your progress or slow your momentum if you don't let it.

log your breakfast and move on. go for a walk if you want to make up some of the calories, or just eat less the rest of the day. Or just decide that today you may be a little over your goal even if you stay on track for the rest of the day. it's no big deal.

you would have to eat 3,500 calories over your maintenance to gain a pound. that's close to 7 sausage egg and cheese biscuits.

Thank you! In my head I have already gained 5 pounds and im terrified.. so thank you so much for this message!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Mcdonalds is the happiest place on earth...don't feel depressed.
    Just use it as impetus to eat better the rest of the day

Hilarious hahahahayhagaga
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    luckyj214 wrote: »
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. What I do when I do something like that is eat a little less the rest of the week depending on how much I went over. If you go over 500 on a Sunday then you can shave off 100 calories until Saturday. Then there's the option of exercising it off.

Thanks girl! :) i have to get my butt moving and then i will feel better!

I just noticed you posted about having an eating disorder, are you speaking with a professional? You should bc they could hep you more than any of us. Everyone wants to see you doing your best.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Think of this as a good opportunity to make better choices the rest of the day. It's better than eating it for dinner.

Thanks! I plan on it!!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us. What I do when I do something like that is eat a little less the rest of the week depending on how much I went over. If you go over 500 on a Sunday then you can shave off 100 calories until Saturday. Then there's the option of exercising it off.

Thanks girl! :) i have to get my butt moving and then i will feel better!

I just noticed you posted about having an eating disorder, are you speaking with a professional? You should bc they could hep you more than any of us. Everyone wants to see you doing your best.

Mmm no. Its very private and this is the only place i talk about it. I am doing better than before. Sometimes its just comforting to have someone tell you its ok and the bad feeling will pass!
  • jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options

It was a bad decision. I dont even know why i did it.. i wasnt even hungry!

It is designed to be tasty and borderline addictive. Also convenient, and cheap.

You are one VERY SMALL woman fighting against 30,000 years of genetics through which most of your ancestors were literally starving.

PLUS a gigantic multinational corporation for whom "Billions and Billions served" is a badge of honor.

One look at your PP tells me you are winning!

• luckyj214
    Options
    You feel depressed because you had McDonalds for breakfast? Why do you eat there if it makes you sad?

It wasn't a bad decision, friend. You know you have an eating disorder, so you also know that your thinking is slightly skewed! I'm so glad you posted here today. Having anything for breakfast is not ruining your whole day, it's just starting your day. Allow yourself your breakfast and enjoy it in peace. Log it. I had a sausage and egg with cheese mcmuffin yesterday, it was only 330 cals. Be sure to move your body as much as you can, and tell yourself that eating is completely NORMAL.

Are you seeing someone about this?

Thanks.. this made me feel better. I know sometimes i am too hard on myself but today i just really pissed myself off haha. I keep this to myself and i think im on the up and up for the most part. I need to eat more calories. I just have anxiety whenever i eat so this morning has been especially hard since the one meal is more calories than i usually eat in a day.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    I ate Mcdonalds almost every day last week. Still lost. You just have to budget those calories if you like the food.

Aww thats great.. good for you!!!! Thanks for commenting
  • luckyj214
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »
    You got this, LuckyJ. It is one step ina along race.

Deep Breaths and Baby Steps.
    Repeat.

Thanks hahaha working on the breathing right now lol
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I love their breakfast burritos and hashbrowns!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.

We all mess up from time to time. Try not to let it depress you! Smile and enjoy your day.

• luckyj214
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I love their breakfast burritos and hashbrowns!

Hahshahs :)
  • luckyj214
    Options
    jamcdonel wrote: »

It is designed to be tasty and borderline addictive. Also convenient, and cheap.

You are one VERY SMALL woman fighting against 30,000 years of genetics through which most of your ancestors were literally starving.

PLUS a gigantic multinational corporation for whom "Billions and Billions served" is a badge of honor.

One look at your PP tells me you are winning!

I never ever eat it so thats why i freaked out! Thank you so much for commenting.. truly helpful!!!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    My breakfast today was pistachio flavoured waffle with handwhipped cream, served by a friendly waitress. And french press coffee. It depressed me she didn't serve enough coffee.

Hahahaahaha i hope you enjoyed every bite!!!!! Sounds like a dream!!
  • luckyj214
    Options
    Its 9:46a and already i have messed up. I had mcdonalds for breakfast and now i feel so depressed.
    What kind of eating disorder? Are you diagnosed with anorexia or BED?

Not diagnosed with anything. I just have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am much better now eating between 600-800 calories a day (occasionally 1000 or even 1500)... i know its not where i need to be but its better than nothing :)
  • luckyj214
    Options
    My breakfast today was pistachio flavoured waffle with handwhipped cream, served by a friendly waitress. And french press coffee. It depressed me she didn't serve enough coffee.

Hahahaahaha i hope you enjoyed every bite!!!!! Sounds like a dream!!
    I sort of have an eating disorder too. If I am not working out, I will be 300 pounds right now.

I made the choice not to use syrup, though she was flashing organic Vermont syrup before my eyes, which was even freshly warmed up ;)

Wow hahahhaha im very picky.. eat mostly fruit .. but that sounds good haha
  • luckyj214
    Options
    MadMaxV8 wrote: »

Egg McMuffin?

Lmao no im too embarrassed to say haha
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I never eat at McDonalds but Pizza is my sin. I love it and could eat it for every meal if I could. Several places have breakfast pizza. Lol. Thanks goodness I don't or I would be 300lbs myself.
  • luckyj214
    Options
    What kind of eating disorder? Are you diagnosed with anorexia or BED?

Not diagnosed with anything. I just have a very unhealthy relationship with food. I am much better now eating between 600-800 calories a day (occasionally 1000 or even 1500)... i know its not where i need to be but its better than nothing :)
    How old are you and are you old enough to be on here?

600-800 is mean for your body. Let me take you in a waffle trip. Talk to a nutritionist and get help on a regular diet. I am serious.

I am 28 hahaha no waffles for me! But i really am getting back to better eating! Just need a little bit more each day but thank you!!