Are there any other haters out there?

Options
joimichele
joimichele Posts: 382
I know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but honestly, I do not like most breakfast food. Plus, it takes to much time to make. I don't like cereal, milk (not even soy), eggs, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, toast, bagels, or french toast. I do like bacon.and taters..but, let's face it that is the reason I am here, way too many fatty foods. I have been forcing myself to eat oatmeal and bagels but I don't think I can do it another day. If this change is going to work for real this time I can't be forced to eat gross foods (I know there are breakfast lovers out there. I have nothing against you. Breakfast is my only enemy). So, to make a long post short, does anyone want to share their recipe with me. Are there any other breakfast haters out there?

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    eat lunch/dinner foods for breakfast!! who says you have to eat eggs, cereal etc.

Nothing wrong with leftover stirfry for breakfast or even steak and whatever......it's all about keeping calories in check and portion control.

I do eat breakfast everyday but sometimes it's nothing more than a yogurt and coffee or a banana and cup of tea.

I think eating anything in the morning just to get the body going for the day is good.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    To me, breakfast is a total waste of time. However, I know it is the most important meal of the day. I am trying to do better myself, so I encourage you to hang on in there.
  • jrcox520
    jrcox520 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not me, I love breakfast! But I wanted to say that just because its breakfast time doesn't mean you have to eat breakfast food. Have something you like and just get your metabolism going.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    What do you eat the rest of the day? Have dinner leftovers at breakfast time. You don't HAVE to eat 'breakfast foods'.

Plus, nothing wrong with bacon and taters. Just don't eat a bunch of them all at once!
  • ejaya
    ejaya Posts: 4
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you...but I support you in your breakfast-hating. I force myself to eat one cooked egg white....
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Eat something non-traditional! I love eggs & eat them any meal. Since you don't like b'fast food, eat your protein in some chicken or tuna. Nothing says we gotta eat certain things at certain times of the day!
  • kadoodle76
    kadoodle76 Posts: 234
    Options
    I like things like cereal and eggs but not at breakfast time ( like cereal before bed actually lol) so what I do is eat a sandwich or something "lunch-y" at breakfast time instead. Fruit smoothies are great in the morning too. And go ahead and have the occasional bacon and taters so long as you watch what you eat at other meals and don't make it an everyday thing.
  • sineadangele1
    sineadangele1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i love breakfast. but i don't like eating it in the morning lol. anytime i eat breakfast foods it tends to be for dinner. i just can't really eat in the morning. i have to be up and moving around for a couple of hours before i get hungry. if you aren't hungry in the morning, don't force yourself to eat. "eat when you're hungry and stop when you're full" is a great rule to follow. and if you ARE hungry in the morning, who says you have to eat breakfast food? like i said before, i eat my breakfast for dinner lol. there is nothing wrong with eating a sandwich for breakfast instead of pancakes. =]
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person at all. I can't handle eating for about 5 hours after I've woken up. I do however, have Up n Go for breakfast which is a shake that has energy, fibre, calcium, protein all in one little squeeze pack. Maybe you should try a shake of some sort?
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I agree. Eat something u enjoy....leftovers are good.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat something, even if its not traditional breakfast foods. I found when I didn't eat breakfast, I was more sluggish thru the day than when I do.
  • mark03264
    mark03264 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast. Just make sure you eat something for breakfast.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like - eggs and waffles and oatmeal might be regular US breakfast food but that's not necessarily what the rest of the world eats first thing in the morning. Soup, stirfried veggies, noodles, cold meat and salad, a sandwich or wrap, last night's leftovers.... The list of possibilities is only limited by the foods you like!
    One of my favourite breakfasts, that I've only had when travelling in Asia is congee - rice porridge/soup that you add bits and prices to - spring onions, shredded chicken, fried shallots, hard boiled egg, chili sauce, boiled peanuts -YUM.
  • mampm1
    mampm1 Posts: 88
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit is my favorite go to. The instant with the fruit in it already has too much salt for my tastes, but I use instant oatmeal and put my own fruit in. My favorite: sliced apple with cinnamon, nutmeg, granulated brown sugar, milk and raisins. Tastes just like you're eating apple pie! Look up all of the nutritious things oatmeal can do for you, most importantly lowering cholesterol which can lead to heart disease & high blood pressure. Heal thy self!

Other go to breakfasts: Corn Flakes with sliced banana (potassium), fruit & cottage cheese (protein!), fruit & plain or vanilla yogurt (big fan of peaches or fresh strawberries/blueberries).

Hope this helps. As my friend Michael says: Doctors are not nutritionists and don't really go over such thing with you. If they did, we all might be a little less heavy. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • anave285
    anave285 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm... did someone say bacon and taters :tongue:
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    As others said, who says you have to only eat "breakfast food" at breakfast? Are you afraid that the breakfast police are going to show up and cart you off to food jail? You can try PB&J or fruit salad. My wife & I do beans for breakfast every day (we're vegetarians and use them for protein). We honeymooned in Hawaii (where there are a lot of Japanese tourists) and our first hotel had plenty of Japanese foods on the breakfast buffet; we spend 4 days eating rice bowls with dried fruit, miso soup, and marinated seaweed salad, and it was fantastic.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Silly question, but how about fruit?
  • joimichele
    Options
    I love the idea of eating dinner or lunch food for breakfast. I just looked at breakfast as my healthiest meal with the least amount of calories. I guess long as I watch my calorie intake I should be fine. Thanks!
  • joimichele
    Options
    That sounds really good!
  • joimichele
    Options
    Eat whatever you like - eggs and waffles and oatmeal might be regular US breakfast food but that's not necessarily what the rest of the world eats first thing in the morning. Soup, stirfried veggies, noodles, cold meat and salad, a sandwich or wrap, last night's leftovers.... The list of possibilities is only limited by the foods you like!
    One of my favourite breakfasts, that I've only had when travelling in Asia is congee - rice porridge/soup that you add bits and prices to - spring onions, shredded chicken, fried shallots, hard boiled egg, chili sauce, boiled peanuts -YUM.

That sounds good!