Overnight oats

Options
LABridger
LABridger Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm back on the bandwagon in the run up to my wedding in June. Want to lose around 25lbs to get down to 9st.

Prepped for the week ahead with some overnight oats in the fridge:

- Chocolate raisin
- Chocolate peanut
- Double chocolate

All are less than 300 cals (30g oats, 30 ml semi skim milk, 30ml water and 15g chocolate powder, peanut butter, chocolate chips and/or raisins). I struggle to get breakfast in at the moment so my aim is to get a good start to the day with some breakfast and then fruit for snacks (do this already as it's free at work) then lunches are leftover chilli this week (circa 200 cals per portion) and dinners all planned.

Not doing any fad diets or crazy starving - just trying to keep under the calorie intake, and do it while still enjoying food, not obsessing and not spending a fortune!

Wish me luck xx

Replies

• Spitspot81
    Spitspot81 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats. My favourite is

Oats
    Banana
    Almond milk
    Vanilla protein powder
    Peanut butter
  • yogagirlT
    yogagirlT Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I love overnight oats but too cold now for cold breakfast. I need to have a warm breakfast/oats in winter. I lived off overnight oats this summer for my breakfast--yum. My favorite is with bananas and sliced berries--fresh strawberry, blueberry, etc. I also addedground flaxseed, sliced almonds or walnuts and drizzle raw honey or a drizzle of real maple syrup for sweetness. Banana/pb is a fave. But I still add the same ingredients to my hot oatmeal but do like overnight oats a lot --easy to make.
  • niemand88f
    niemand88f Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm newly vegetarian so I'm going for high fiber and protein in these rather than low calorie. My favorites are:
    1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 banana (mashed), 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp vanilla. Top with fruit and nuts in the morning (today was strawberries & walnuts)
    1/2 cup oats, 2/3 cup almond milk, 2 tbsp walnuts, 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp ground ginger, top with 1/3 cup no-sugar-added applesauce overnight.