Any tall people out there?

Options
Beast4242
Beast4242 Posts: 83 Member
Looking for some tall guys and girls to be friends with. Or at least bounce some tips off each other to help lose fat and gain muscle (which is what I think everyone wants) I am 6'6" tall and started my journey at 269 lbs. I am now 241 lbs (and down almost 10% body fat) and have found a good Clean Program that has helped a ton to get the pounds off recently. I also am doing Stronglifts 5X5 3 days a week and am addicted to fitbit challenges.

Anyways, feel free to chime in with tips that have worked for you and please add me if you think we have a similar situation. Plus I just really like tall people!

Replies

• Avnchief
    Avnchief Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    AvnChief here, 6-3 @270. Think pain issues with back and steroid injections coupled with sedentary lifestyle are my challenges. Have to fix one to fix other. Getting the slowly with back.
  • sweetandsassyred
    sweetandsassyred Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I guess us short people really do have no reason to live ha ha. You are probably too young to know that song refrenence. So I am guessing my hieght of 5'1" doesn't make the cut. Sorry I couldn't resist answering. Hope I didn't make you mad. You know since in comparison to me you are a giant. I hope you find many tall friends.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You had me at "tall" (I'm an amazon at 6 feet) but lost me at "clean". Don't know about you but I wash all my fruits and veggies....lol. At any rate, I wish you success.
  • mariwilliams00
    mariwilliams00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm living the #tallpeopleproblems life at 5'11! I love tall people too haha
  • Beast4242
    Options
    @sweetandsassyred you are always welcome around. I love short people too. My seven year old is like less than 5 feet tall and I love him! ;)
  • Beast4242
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    You had me at "tall" (I'm an amazon at 6 feet) but lost me at "clean". Don't know about you but I wash all my fruits and veggies....lol. At any rate, I wish you success.

Its not that 'clean' still have chocolate every day. I even had fries last night...they were sweet potato fries but they were amazing!
  • BrittniAlbright
    BrittniAlbright Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I'm 5'11, it's been a problem all my life. Only because my joints are always hurting. I grew to fast for my body and my knees, fingers, and shoulders all ache when I work out. Even when it storms or snows. So if anyone ta people who struggle with this please help lol
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and about to restart Stronglifts as a 5X3. I'm 145 down from 215 lbs.
  • JamesBost2016
    JamesBost2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    6'4" tried to send a friend request but if wouldn't let me.
    SW 368.5
    CW 307.7 in a couple of months hoping that my insurance will accept my 6 month diet and approve my gastric sleeve surgery
    Good luck
  • walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm relatively new but on here daily, feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • AmyRosebud1984
    AmyRosebud1984 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. :) I'm close to 5'11 so I'm pretty sure I make the "tall woman" cut. Started at 310 and under 170 now.
  • FrothyGibblets
    FrothyGibblets Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    6'9 here. SW 427 CW 407. Because of both my size and job, my exercise is limited to mostly walking at the moment and as I'm on a the road all the time, I can't follow any specific diet plan beyond aiming for a defecit.

Hopefully as I drop lbs I can do more varied exercises when I'm home.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    5'7" hobbit here
  • bship15
    bship15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    6'4 here. Anyone can add me. Looking for new friends.

Also have a fitbit if anyone wants to do challenges or be friends there.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm tall... for a girl! 5'9.
  • indigouk
    indigouk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    6'5" reporting for duty! Throw me an invite if you want another friend!
  • peter2100
    peter2100 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    There's nothing different if you are tall though.
  • bship15
    bship15 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    peter2100 wrote: »
    There's nothing different if you are tall though.

But comparing numbers and telling someone that you are close to 300lbs at 6ft plus is completely different than that same weight at 5'6.
  • PizzaWithAsideOfPizza
    Options
    6'2 always down for new friends! Stick to heavy compounds and EAT!!