Anyone Doing Chalean Extreme?

Options
I just started yesterday and am a litle sore today but not too bad. I was right on with some of the exercises but on some I lifted too heavy but hey it was only day 1:smile: .

Anybody else out there doing this workout?

Loving the exercise where you put the band on your legs and lay down for chest fly and lower your legs along with your arms - it's crazy!!

Seabubble

Replies

• seabubble
    Options
    I just started yesterday and am a litle sore today but not too bad. I was right on with some of the exercises but on some I lifted too heavy but hey it was only day 1:smile: .

Anybody else out there doing this workout?

Loving the exercise where you put the band on your legs and lay down for chest fly and lower your legs along with your arms - it's crazy!!

Seabubble
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm on week 7 now and loving it! The Push workouts are even better than the Burn! :bigsmile:

Chalene is awesome, I just love her! I'm down about 4# already and feeling leaner already! :bigsmile:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just hit Day 30 and will be moving into the PUSH phase on Friday!
    I love 2 lbs. and 6.74 inches in my first 30 days... woohoo!
  • Jenna423
    Jenna423 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it too!!! Well, I have to be honest.... I suck at dieting. :embarassed: But I have been doing a lot better with it and sticking to the workouts. I love the weight training, but the cardio kills me! I'm lucky if I get past the first few minutes without pausing it to breathe. :grumble: I hope I get better with that soon! I'm almost done with week 2 so I haven't been at it for long.

Lets check back with each other often, maybe it will help me stay on track! :flowerforyou:

Good luck everyone!! :smooched:
  • psyknife
    Options
    But, it's not dieting :) It's just healthy eating. Have you tried the recipes in the nutrition guide? Boy, they don't feel like deprivation at all... they are so good! :-)
  • Jenna423
    Options
    I have to admit, I didn't try any yet. I've been meaning to... I have to go to the grocery store to get all the stuff first and that never seems to hit me until I get home and have to find something healthy to eat. Lol.. It's just ridiculous. I need to get my butt in gear. :grumble:
  • seabubble
    Options
    WOW - sounds like you guys are doing fantastic!! I'm glad to see that you're getting good results! Jenna - the meals in the guide sound really good. Do you like veggies or fruits? Maybe you could try what she says and after you do your grocery shopping wash everything and get it ready to eat (cut up, etc.) and put it at eye level in your fridge so you can just reach in and grab it!!

One of the snacks in the book appeals to me a lot for some reason - it was the zucchini slice with the crumbled chicken sausage and lowfat cheese sprinkled on top and put in the oven to melt. I'm definitely going to get some of that when I shop this weekend.

I did Burn 2 tonight and am really feeling it. Let me know how you guys are doing!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Great job! I did Push Circuit #1 this morning, I love these Push workouts! Since doing P90X I love lifting heavier so these are awesome! You are lifting heavy for 6-8 reps. My inner thighs are still sore from the one legged sumo squats in Push Circuit #3!! :laugh:

Keep it up, you will see results! :bigsmile:
  • seabubble
    Options
    WOW Jess - one legged Sumo squats sound just scary (but challenging)!! Thanks for the heads up so I'll really be looking forward to the Push phase. After only doing Burn 1 and having a rest day I felt tighter so hopefully this will really get a good start on getting fit and healthy for me so I'll be able to do the X (I own it but have only done it for one week). How many rounds of the X did you do?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    WOW Jess - one legged Sumo squats sound just scary (but challenging)!! Thanks for the heads up so I'll really be looking forward to the Push phase. After only doing Burn 1 and having a rest day I felt tighter so hopefully this will really get a good start on getting fit and healthy for me so I'll be able to do the X (I own it but have only done it for one week). How many rounds of the X did you do?

I think that's what they are called? Now I'm going to have to make sure. You do the sumo squats but lift one of your heels up so you REALLY feel it in the inner thigh!!! Yes, they are challenging!

I have done 2 full rounds of P90X and 3 hybrid rounds mixing in the X+, running, biking, swimming, etc. I started in April of last year and LOVE P90X. But... I needed a change and these are awesome!! You will definitely see great results using it!

Jess
  • psyknife
    Options
    I start PUSH on Monday. I ended up having an unintentional (though not totally uncalled for) "rest" week this week between phases because I strained a back muscle... DOH! I was still cardio crazy this week, though, because I taught a couple extra classes.

I'm looking forward to starting PUSH... particularly for the lower body. Just today I used 35's for the Sumo Squat w/calf raise... oh man, it rocked!!!!!!!!! :)
  • xtraquispe
    xtraquispe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am in my first week of Push also! I lost 7 lbs and 9 inches the first month. I :heart: ChaLEAN!!
  • Jenna423
    Options
    So it's been 3 weeks!!! How are you guys doing? I'm still struggling with the cardio, but I LOVE the weight training!!!

Any updates? :flowerforyou:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Okay, question....
    I am looking at the website and see that it is a dvd set. I see they are using dumbells...I have dumbells and free weight plates already.

Is there anything else I would need to purchase if I got this workout?
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Okay, question....
    I am looking at the website and see that it is a dvd set. I see they are using dumbells...I have dumbells and free weight plates already.

Is there anything else I would need to purchase if I got this workout?

Nope, just dumbells! It comes with a resistance band that you use for some of the moves also!

It's an awesome program, I have 2 weeks left to finish up! :bigsmile: