Taking My Life Back

Options
Guess could say I've been trying for a while, and giving up. Think what finally broke the camels back was going to the hospital, finding out I was 487 pounds, and gout. Nurse Practitioner told me, you've gotta lose the weight otherwise....few years...you may not be around. So here I am, already down 39 pounds since December of 2016. I have to say I already feel a difference. Specially with the work I do. Weren't for the support of friends, co-workers, family, and a loving girlfriend....I'd probably of given up again. But.....this time....I'm taking it personally and giving the Middle Finger to Death. I'm DJ, and that's pretty much my story. Definitely ready to take my life back and go back to the things I love to do.

Replies

• THS2SHALLPASS
    THS2SHALLPASS Posts: 1,569 Member
    Options
    I just posted my story a minute ago. I started 2 years ago at 472lbs so I feel your pain. im down to an in shape 243lbs today. its hard work for sure but possible. you just have to want it badly!
  • Dominic_Grillo_III
    Dominic_Grillo_III Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah man. Just the amount I've lost so far has felt like a great relief.
  • iluvnufoods
    iluvnufoods Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You totally got this! I got a major health scare this past December that helped me "wake up" and realize I need to get my butt in gear and get healthy. Support is crucial, so if you want please send me a friend request!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Such a great start, you're doing so well so far! Keep up with that kind of motivation and you'll definitely get where you want to be! Visualise it and go get it :)
  • carmel199
    carmel199 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do it. One day at a time you have a great job so far. Keep up the good work feel free to add me.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Well done.