trying to gain n bulk up

Options
New to all this been at gym for almost a year now. Friends n family telling me charged but I don't see it. Just joined this app for the nutrition side. Eat loads n not rubbish propa meals. Got a very attractive job always lifting metal . Thought eating loads would be easy but seems not .
Any advice would be awesome feel free add me also.
Thanks in advance

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat in a calorie surplus, track your intake and be consistent.
  • dantew04
    dantew04 Posts: 73 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I agree with the above. It is about consistency and eating eating eating. I don't always hit my 3,000 calorie target - sometimes a little under, but most days I do. Actually on the days that I do, I always go over. A few days ago I ate over 4,000 calories (that was a one off... I seemed to have food in my mouth pretty much all day) and some days I'm like 'Can't be arsed to do this' but I also 'can't be arsed' to say the same thing over about gaining weight. I've said the same thing for years and had the intention and did the training side, but eating was my weak point.

After using this app, I realise how little I was eating! Eating can seem tiring and boring. I find calorie dense foods easier to manage than just eating big meals and there have been days where I haven't felt like I've eaten a lot, but it was because I was smarter with what foods I chose to eat. It's a bit like time... you can do a lot of tasks in a small amount of time, rather than dragging out the whole day doing the same things.
  • Graham7679
    Graham7679 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks ye I thought I ate loads but when checking and checking it all out seems I need to up my game.

Thanks for your input tho appropriate it