Is anyone 5'5" and a size 6?

Options
So my goal weight is 139lbs. My goal SIZE is a size 6. What I want to know are measurements. If you're 5'5" and a size 6, what are your measurements? Bust, waist, hips, thighs (the biggest part of thigh), arms, etc...Also, what weight are you? Thanks!

Replies

• MichelleF81
    MichelleF81 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a UK 10 which I think is the same as a US 6 and I'm 5'5". I'm 130lbs and I'm not totally sure on my measurements.....I think my hips are 38, my waist is 28 on a good day when I 'suck it in' but usually 29/30 which technically should be a uk12 but 10's always fit me fine and sometimes an 8 :/ My chest size is 34B or C. You have to be careful with measurements cos they vary so much from person to person and clothes also vary in size......not sure if it's same in the US but here I can wear anything from a 6 (US2) to a 12 (US8) depending where I buy or on the fit of the item.
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 125 pounds, size 4.

My "comfortable" weight (all my life) was 145-150 pounds and size 10. I would have killed to be a size 6 and the day I slipped into a size 2, I nearly died. It really blew my mind that my body was capable of WAY more than I gave it credit for.

All that to say -- if you're 5'5" and aiming for a size 6, then I think you will be much less than 139 pounds. I mean, even if you have a bigger skeletal frame, 139 lbs on 5'5" is more like a size 8. I am packing a LOT of muscle right now and still only 125 lbs and a size 2/4. But again, every body is different so don't get too fixated on a scale number! Measurements are key.

To answer you question, my measurements are:

Chest: 33.5 (yes, I basically wear a training bra!)

Waist: 27

Hips: 33.5

Bicep (not flexed): 11

Thigh: 21
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I can't answer your question completely, since I'm only 5'2, but I do know that when I was 138 lbs, I was a size 8. I could technically squeeze into a size 6 (sometimes), but it wasn't pretty.
  • lollie1285
    lollie1285 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 126 lbs and I'm an 8. Actually, I think I could probably manage a 6, but the clothing I have as of right now is an 8. I wear a D cup and have large hips (38'), so that's probably why I'm a larger size than most girls my weight.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and a size 6, sometimes an 8, depending on the brands...

I weigh between 137-144 depending on the time of day or what I've eaten.

Chest - 35
    Waist - 30
    Hips - 38
    Thighs - 22

But as you can see by my fatty middle, I am NOT anywhere near satisfied with this size. My goal is to destroy the body fat and get into a size 2...

At my smallest I was 128 pounds and loose size 6, tight size 4. That's what the profile picture is. The ruching in the middle of the shirt, the fact that I am standing sideways, and the raised arms all help to conceal my fatty middle. That's where I gain my weight. I think my waist size was like 28 in the picture. I could pinch my fatty deposits, lol.

Which is why my goal is 12% body fat, cause when I shed the fat my waist will more closely match my chest and hips.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options

My "comfortable" weight (all my life) was 145-150 pounds and size 10. I would have killed to be a size 6 and the day I slipped into a size 2, I nearly died. It really blew my mind that my body was capable of WAY more than I gave it credit for.

All that to say -- if you're 5'5" and aiming for a size 6, then I think you will be much less than 139 pounds. I mean, even if you have a bigger skeletal frame, 139 lbs on 5'5" is more like a size 8. I am packing a LOT of muscle right now and still only 125 lbs and a size 2/4. But again, every body is different so don't get too fixated on a scale number! Measurements are key.

looks like i have my work cut out for me. right now my measurements are:

chest: 45.0
    waist: 37.5
    hips: 47.0
    arms: 13.0
    thighs: 26.0

so i am probably going to need to lose another 5 to 10 inches on my chest, another 10 inches on my waist, at least another 10 inches on my hips, only a couple for my arms and about 5 for my thighs. i've already lost 7 inches on my waist since january and 9 inches since my highest weight in 2007. :-) so another 10 shouldn't be too bad.

thanks for the info!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and a size 6, sometimes an 8, depending on the brands...

I weigh between 137-144 depending on the time of day or what I've eaten.

Chest - 35
    Waist - 30
    Hips - 38
    Thighs - 22

But as you can see by my fatty middle, I am NOT anywhere near satisfied with this size. My goal is to destroy the body fat and get into a size 2...

At my smallest I was 128 pounds and loose size 6, tight size 4. That's what the profile picture is. The ruching in the middle of the shirt, the fact that I am standing sideways, and the raised arms all help to conceal my fatty middle. That's where I gain my weight. I think my waist size was like 28 in the picture. I could pinch my fatty deposits, lol.

Which is why my goal is 12% body fat, cause when I shed the fat my waist will more closely match my chest and hips.

thanks for the info! by the way, i think you look great but i know how it is. we're always looking to better ourselves and that's okay. :-)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

looks like i have my work cut out for me. right now my measurements are:

chest: 45.0
    waist: 37.5
    hips: 47.0
    arms: 13.0
    thighs: 26.0

so i am probably going to need to lose another 5 to 10 inches on my chest, another 10 inches on my waist, at least another 10 inches on my hips, only a couple for my arms and about 5 for my thighs. i've already lost 7 inches on my waist since january and 9 inches since my highest weight in 2007. :-) so another 10 shouldn't be too bad.

thanks for the info!
    I think it depends on your body type. I'm 5ft 6 and 154 pounds. I typically wear a 6...sometimes an 8 and a couple 4's in boyfriend cut jeans. My waist is 28, hips are 38, thighs are around 19-20, bust is 34. :-)
  • peachespeaches
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' (and a half?) and weigh 132. I've weighed around 130 for a couple of years now, and have always been a size 4-6 at this weight. I have a smaller frame. My goal is 125lbs, which would probably leave me between 4 and 5. I'm not sure what my arm and thigh measurements are but here are the rest:
    Waist- 27/28
    Hips- 37
    Chest- 35.5

Bodies are weird and different though- your goal should be custom fit to you, not to me or someone else. Chest size is something you can't really control, while arms and thighs could be much bigger than their 'perfect' measurement due to a lot of muscle. Make your goal yours!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6.5" and currently 135 -138 lbs. I really fluctuate a lot during any given week between these two weights, between carbing up for long runs on weekends and working sometimes twice or three times per day by midweek and chewing up a lot of calories. My measurements are: chest 35", Waist 27/28" (depending on time of day) and hips 37". My thighs are 21 inches and biceps (not flexed) is a humble 10-3/8". Im working on my upper body. (Post marathon I plan to start P90X. I figure that ought to do it. ) And this leads to the most laughable portion of this post: Im a size 6 in Athleta, Title Nine and VS catalogs, size 4 in Dress Barn, size 2 in Eddie Bauer or 2/4 in Lands End... I could go on. But won't. Sizing of clothes has GOT to become standardized. I almost hate shopping. Almost. ;)