Wedding dress!

Options
Help tried my wedding dress on last night and it's now really tight around my belly and hips. Not just a little bit tight either, uncomfortably tight. I get married 31st march. My Dr upped my steroids not long ago which made me put weight on, I've gone back to my normal dose now so should start coming back down. I now need to really focus. I'm having a personal trainer session weekly and going to clubbercise. Feel like I'm in serious panic mode now. Help!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    dont panic,
    make sure you keep an eye on your logging as well as the exercise and you will be fine.
    good luck
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, just start eating in a calorie deficit.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    First, don't panic. Second, don't immediately crash down to low cals because you're panicking!

Make sure you're weighing your food and logging it properly - it doesn't sound like you have a lot of wriggle room for errors.
  • jaynerz
    jaynerz Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Log your food, drink your water, you have plenty of time :)
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    How long have you been engaged? Would have been easier to get a handle on this months ago. Crunch time now but you can still do this if you start today!!
  • kingdonle
    kingdonle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Don't crash diet just be consistent. You have 10 weeks. Don't pressurise yourself too much - it'll have the opposite effect.
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies, one week in and 4lbs gone. :)
  • Aymzc
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    How long have you been engaged? Would have been easier to get a handle on this months ago. Crunch time now but you can still do this if you start today!!

As I said above my doctor put me on high dose steroids which cause weight gain regardless of what you are doing.
  • ayeshasol
    ayeshasol Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

You got this! :) You're going to look beautiful.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Aymzc wrote: »

As I said above my doctor put me on high dose steroids which cause weight gain regardless of what you are doing.

Not true. Who ever told you that, doesn't understand biology.

Even on steriods you need to eat to gain. I'm on a high dose of steroids right now and I'm losing. Haven't stopped losing the past 2 months as i'm weighing my food. Steroids tend to increase appetite. They also make you retain water. I've lost 2inches from my waist eating 1400calories. Which ones are you on and what dose? This might be something you also might want to mention to your gp. You still need a calorie surplus to gain though. It's impossible to gain eating a deficit on steroids unless you're not weighing the foods thus eating more than you think. If you reduce calories you should lose. If not, see your GP.

• _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options

I am seeing this said often here and feels it needs to be addressed once more. Steroids do not cause weight gain (unless we are talking about water retention). Eating more calories than you burn causes weight gain. Eat at a calorie deficit and the weight will come off regardless of what your dose of steroids may be.
  • DietVanillaCoke
    edited January 2017
    Options

But I thought you "can't lose" due to steroids.

I think the issue here might be your expectation and goals.

4lbs in 1week is great but it isn't healthy if you expect that or more to be the weekly loss.

Crash dieting can be dangerous
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1211954/Bride-crash-diet-death--eating-just-530-calories-day-11-weeks.html

You've got tons of time to lose at a healthy rate, try not to stress, weigh your foods and log and it will come off. All the best!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I think the issue here is your expectation and goals. 4lbs in 1week isn't healthy and if you think you should be dropping more than that but the steriods are to blame. No, far from it.

The 4lbs in the first week will have been water weight....
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Great! The 4lbs will mainly be your body releasing water that you retained while on the higher dose of steroids.

Now, just set your goal on MFP to lose .5-1lbs a week and eat back some of your exercise calories.

Weigh your food on a digital food scale for greater accuracy.

You want to lose at a reasonable rate as the last thing you want is to be stressed, lethargic or ill at your wedding.

Cheers, h.
  • essexgirl1971
    essexgirl1971 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    i had the same issue when i tried my wedding dress on a couple of months before, i just didnt like how it looked. i watched what i ate, exercised and have to say i was around 8lb lighter come the big day, though i think some came off through excitement . my size 8 dress looked amazing. fast forward 16 months and 4st weight gain later id have no hope of getting in it but thats my journey. good luck for the big day i'm sure you'll look lovely and just enjoy the day because it goes by so fast .
  • DietVanillaCoke
    edited January 2017
    Options

I think the issue here is your expectation and goals. 4lbs in 1week isn't healthy and if you think you should be dropping more than that but the steriods are to blame. No, far from it.

The 4lbs in the first week will have been water weight....

Yep, it was more the worrying about losing even with that loss that i found concerning.

• Aymzc
    Options
    Yes the 4lbs will be water as I said I'm back to my original dose and also now on a water tablet to help with the water retention. I already feel not so bloated and clothes not so tight.I've had a kidney transplant and take a lot of medication which affects my weight.