brussel sprouts

Options
I ate a whole bag of frozen brussel sprouts last night.......just a little salt and spray butter. There is nothing wrong with that.........is there?? :smile:
I know they are good for you, and they are green!

Replies

• blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I ate a whole bag of frozen brussel sprouts last night.......just a little salt and spray butter. There is nothing wrong with that.........is there?? :smile:
  • wender
    wender Posts: 38
    Options
    Did you eat them frozen? Just curious. I've never liked them and I've had several friends tell me I should give them another try. Just trying to determine the best way to eat them.
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    No, sorry-they were frozen, but I did cook them :happy:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I did the same exact thing last night...they were the birds eye steam in a bag...I didn't add anything to them ...I love brussell sprouts...the whole bag was only 180 calories and little sodium,,that with a top round (cheap) steak was dinner with a few roasted tomatoes and roasted green onions...brussell sprouts are a good thing:smile:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Well, you might find out later today!! :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I recently had an epiphany with brussel sprouts. I used to boil them all the time, and they were OK, but nothing special.

I found an article that suggested steaming. I tried a pint of fresh sprouts for about 15 minutes in my steamer - just to crisp, but not rock hard. Add a little bit of Smart Balance spread and a touch of salt -

Heaven..

janiebeth
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    OH, just to be clear..

I share the pint with my family of four. Not all for me..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I looooove brussel sprouts in the summer. I like to grill chicken kabobs. Then take a bunch of brussel sprouts in a bundle, wrap them in tin foil, salt a little, put on top rack of grill while the kabobs are grilling. I can't wait till summer!
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    [/quote]

[/quote]

I am already finding out :blushing: :blushing:
  • blondie_girl14
    Options
    Dave...

Thanks...I really enjoyed them too
    I didnt think it was bad for me to eat a whole bag, I ate that and a can of soup,the soup was 100 cals,ate that when I got home from the gym :happy:
  • wender
    wender Posts: 38
    Options
    Ok. You've convinced me. I'm going to give them another try.
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options

[/quote]

I am already finding out :blushing: :blushing:
    [/quote]
    What do they do?:frown:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Gas.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Don't want to be too close to you guys today!:laugh:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    OHHHHHHH, lol I'm a little slow, fiber does that to me :laugh: :noway:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I salt then boil them til they suck up most of the water - kinda mushy then butter spray

my brother will eat them that way and he doesn't like them....

I love them anyway!
  • amberca1
    Options
    I LOVE brussels!! I use those ziplock steamer bags and its so quick and easy. I put a bit of olive oil (tiny tiny amount) and salt and pepper. Sometimes I add the Newmans Light Basalmic dressing in there too and just steam it up. Takes like 2 mins :) These bags are great for frozen or fresh vege's.

Yumm.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite is to roast them in the oven, or in the skillet...yum! :tongue:
  • becks78
    becks78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I dont think I have had brussel sprouts in a couple years now you gave me a craving to get some, but I may not want to eat the whole bag if it causes 'issues' lol