new week

Options
I didn't lose any weight the first week and a half that I started this site. I lost my motivation. I decided to quit my second part time job and start this week with a bang. Hopefully I will have more time to dedicate to living a healthy life style. What does everyone do when they don't lose weight on a weigh in?

Replies

• Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    keep going....check past weeks log for improvements...good luck ..
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up girl, sometimes it may take a few weeks to really start seeing some results. I have pretty much been maintaining my weight but if you look at my food diary, you can see why. lol. If I can just buckle down on my will power and get back to eating better, I would most definitely see a difference. Just give yourself a month. Use the first few weeks to track and don't worry too much about the weight loss. Gradually, you will be able to see what makes a difference and what doesn't. If you are burning a lot of calories from working out, you may need to eat them to lose. Just a thought. :-)
  • Mother4Jesus
    Mother4Jesus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight the first week and a half that I started this site. I lost my motivation. I decided to quit my second part time job and start this week with a bang. Hopefully I will have more time to dedicate to living a healthy life style. What does everyone do when they don't lose weight on a weigh in?

Just keep going and remind yourself that even if the scale doens't come down, perhaps your cholesterol did? Or your glucose levels? Or even if you measure yourself. It's about being healthy too.

Now you remind me of this when I feel the same way. :laugh:
  • kagenomichi
    kagenomichi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My advice is to just stop looking at the scale! Its what I do when I feel like I've slowed down too much is I just avoid even looking at the scale. You can try measuring yourself instead but I try to avoid doing that too so I don't get discouraged. Just have faith that the weight will come off in time because it will! :)