Bloating

Options
Alright guys.. I tend to ALWAYS be bloated. Why is this?!
HELP I've tried teas and anti gas meds and just can't find anything:(

Replies

• ncoward72
    ncoward72 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried probiotics? I mean real ones not the ones you buy at grocery stores?
  • chelseymorris185
    chelseymorris185 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I haven't! Where would I find them?
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    As in a pharmacy/drug store for probiotics.

Also some vegetables tend to make bloating worse (also depending on if they are raw or cooked and how well cooked they are). Same with lactose/gluten/alcohol sugars. It can be any combination of things and sometimes an elimination diet can help figure out what it is (look into FODMAP as it goes over the most common triggers). But if you're going to try something like this, I highly advise a referral to a registered dietician specialized in elimination diets to find triggers.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'd second the Probiotics. You can find them at any pharmacy. Even places like Walmart and Target carry them. Probiotics help the good bacteria in your gut break down food more efficiently, so they can help with bloating.

My other suggestion would be to drink more water. It sounds counter-productive, but drinking more water makes the bloating go away faster.

If you are so bloated that it feels uncomfortable on a regular basis, I would suggest seeing a doctor just to make sure everything is okay.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Firstly, what is your diet like?
    Secondly, if you are overweight then you may be mistaken bloating for fat.
  • chelseymorris185
    Options
    Thank you Rhaiin! I am going to check that out FOR SURE!
    Trigden, I am not overweight, I am actually in very good shape and do quite intesnse workout sessions 6x/week.
    That is why I'm a little mind boggled! I also eat very healthy, very rare on processed foods, don't eat out much, lots of fruits and veggies, I meet my fiber and protein goals each day... that's why I'm seeking help to discover what I may be doing wrong:( 16570fx2bclj.jpg
  • hale03071
    hale03071 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Definitely start with the probiotics, that is the easiest and quickest first step. Next, try eliminating wheat/gluten for a few weeks, you could have a sensitivity towards it.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Trigden, I am not overweight, I am actually in very good shape and do quite intesnse workout sessions 6x/week.
    That is why I'm a little mind boggled! I also eat very healthy, very rare on processed foods, don't eat out much, lots of fruits and veggies, I meet my fiber and protein goals each day... that's why I'm seeking help to discover what I may be doing wrong:(

Yes you are and in that case my second point should be ignored. Maybe it is an intolerance causing your bloating? Is it confined to your stomach area or do you retain water elsewhere as well?
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    That is why I'm a little mind boggled! I also eat very healthy, very rare on processed foods, don't eat out much, lots of fruits and veggies, I meet my fiber and protein goals each day... that's why I'm seeking help to discover what I may be doing wrong:( 16570fx2bclj.jpg

Is that your bloated or unbloated photo? Don't see any bloat there.
  • chelseymorris185
    Options
    Not bloated, these two are bloated.
    I have thought about an intolerance to some food as well, just don't know what it could be since I have never had this problem until the last few months. Maybe I should start excluding some things to determine what it may be, or see a doc. munjd6kgior9.jpg
    nac3mtx6ecpi.jpg
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I'm not in as fit of shape as you (go girl you look amazing!) but I have a flag stomach without the bloat. I've been trying probiotics, doesn't seem to have an effect yet. I've been lowering my carbs and even experimenting with short term ketosis diet <30 carbs a day for 4 or 5 days and that makes the bloat disappear! Problem is the second carbs touch my mouth I look 6 months pregnant and it stays for a whole day or two. Drinking lots of water helps me, but I haven't figured it out yet. I even had significant allergy testing done and can't up empty handed. (The testing was done due to constant hives for over a year). But still, no food allergy of intolerances and I don't have a good answer except that it's not related to my regular pms cycle bloat. Best of luck finding out what is causing yours!
  • jpena412
    jpena412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    In the interest of getting called out for suggesting a "diet" I had your same issue several months back (though I was no where near in good of shape as yourself) and decided to try the Whole30. The concept is based on excluding food groups to understand which you tolerate better. It really helped me narrow down which particular foods gave me issues
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Another "popular" elimination diet is low fodmaps
  • amy4selflove
    amy4selflove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Definitely try probiotics. My gastroenterologist suggested Align (I purchase the CVS version).
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    No advice but a lot of commiseration- I have this exact same problem. I look cut in the morning and am basically a walking keg by bed. Will be looking into probiotics I guess!
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have a dairy intolerance (haven't tested for allergy but it is obvious it is dairy). Any amount, even a smudge of dairy in any form, I get bloat and gas.

Just a thought.
  • akschreder7
    akschreder7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You could definitely try doing the Whole30, you eliminate processed food and slowly add them back into your lifestyle to see if anything in particular causes it. What helps me with my bloating is Thrive and it does have probiotics in it so they could definitely help as well!
  • leira_T
    leira_T Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    All of the above suggestions are worth looking into. Also, do you eat a lot of protein bars? The sugar alcohols in them have been known to cause bloat.
  • FunkJunkie394
    FunkJunkie394 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you considered eliminating salt?

You have a beautiful belly bloated or flat!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I get that pregnant bloat thing like in your picture too. 100% food related tho. Like if I even look at broccoli. Poo - coz I LIKE broccoli...

the other day I got it and was trying to work out what it was - sometimes it's a combination of stuff I eat, sometimes it's inflammation if I have too much dairy too frequently (even if goat milk based yoghurt/cheese - can't eat it every day). maybe try to see what it is you ate before the bloat came on.

And probiotics are good yes.

Oh - whey protein = not only bloat but putrid fart tank generator, so I use vegan protein powder.