killer tofu!

Options
First day of my 2 week vacation so I went shopping to stock up on my health foods before my family fills the fridge. I was looking for some low sodium pre packaged lunch meats for easy, middle of the day sun break, sandwiches and found some turkey with great nutrition facts. Grabbed two packs. Didn't know til I got back to the condo that it said "tofurkey" and not turkey. Took me a minute to realize it was tofu. Gave it a try and was pleasantly surprised. I actually really liked the flavor (not as much as real meat) and i will certainly be looking for it back home in NY.

Just thought id share

Replies

• Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I definitely started singing, "Ooooo Eeee Ooooo.. Killlahh Tofuuuu.. Eee-eye-eee..." when I read the topic name.

Good ol' Nickelodeon Doug. ;)

EDIT: And I'll have to try those if I get the chance!
  • demonkid13
    Options
    yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
  • freshmenthesis
    freshmenthesis Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What a positive attitude from (I am assuming) a non-vegetarian.
    Nice to see that Tofurky can be enjoyed by all!
    I love everything Tofurky makes, that I know of anyway.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    love tofurky. last week i tried the maple flavored bacon. yummy. its low cal too. that really helps.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Lol I had Doug in mind when I made the topic title.

Not a vegetarian, but im open to anything and this is a great addition. Im gonna look for that bacon now! Lol
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i've been trying alot of the veg meat subs. The "chicken" in marinara sauce, is excellent. Next week i'm trying some "chicken" kabobs.
    The morningstar farms stuff was good, and the bocca burgers, were killa. Also tried some flavored tofu's that were pretty good.
    The draw of course, is that they are so low in fat, and calories compared to the real stuff.
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    I have been curious about this stuff. On your recommendation I am going to brave it and give it a try.
  • SMK715
    SMK715 Posts: 108
    Options
    Good choice ^^ and I got some veggie dogs today. Ill never eat real hot dogs again. It wouldn't make sense. Ill give a comparison of nutrition facts below:

Real hot dog - 150 calories, 470mg sodium, not sure on fat (around 10g) and 6g protein.

Veggie dog - 50 calories, 320mg sodium, 1g fat, 8g protein.

Yes, believe it or not, a veggie dog has more protein than a real hot dog. And it says "serving size: 1 weiner".. WEINER! Comedy and a meal.