Eating between 1200 to 1500 calories a day.

Options
I lose weight then stop losing and gain two pounds. Then lose 3 pounds....i am drinking at least a gallon of water a day. I use Herbalife products. Started really working out at the gym including a body pump class. Just curious if I should be concerned.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I would only be concerned with myself...are you really eating that little? Are you weighing and tracking everything? It's boring but important. For me the scale moves slowly...usually less than half a pound a week at 1200 calories a day. But watching that overall it has a downward trend helps. Good luck!
  • BiomedDent
    BiomedDent Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you have just started working out as well your body will be retaining all the water it can to help repair the (minute) muscle tears you cause when you exercise (when they repair that's how you "gain" muscle) . Body pump is a tough class too! I quit after one 3 times! Lol
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. Weight loss isn't linear, and this is totally normal due to the fluctuation of water weight.
  • jessandjerry2014
    jessandjerry2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How do I open my diary?
  • jessandjerry2014
    jessandjerry2014 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just opened it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I only had time to have a quick look at your diary. You're not using a food scale, right? My advice, ditch the scoops, slices, cups and bananas logged in length and diameter :huh: and weigh everything you eat on an electronic food scale. You could be eating hundreds more calories than you think by eyeballing/estimating.

99% of the time when someone isn't losing or is gaining, it will come down to inaccurate logging.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    No cause for concern, my pattern is exactly like that. You can use a trending app to help you see the overall trend and ensure that it is downward, or weigh yourself less often if the daily ups and downs freak you out too much.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    That's normal fluctuation. Nothing to worry about, as long as the numbers are trending downward.