Any juicers out there?

Options
Is anyone out there prepping to do a juice fast? If so, hit me up and we can support each other. I need to do a juice fast to prompt 2017 goals. I need help to get me through it, so am looking for others who want to fast also!!

Replies

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Have never taken steroids sorry..oh you mean the drink. I'd rather just eat fruit and veg and get the benefit of the fibre and such.
  • edwardss9
    edwardss9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me I want to do a juice fast
  • stoneroxane
    stoneroxane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started a smoothie cleanse at the start of this month but couldn't stick to it. I would love to join you
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Why would you do a juice fast? It won't promote any health goals.
  • summertime2619
    summertime2619 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    When you juice foods you are essentially extracting all the sugars and water out of the fruits and vegetables and leaving the fiber and other good bits behind. Fiber is essential to breaking down the sugar you intake, otherwise you might as well have a soda. If your goal is to lose weight, stay away from ALL juice. Try a homemade green smoothie instead. Here's a recipe I use and love.

Delicious green smoothie

1.5 cup of fresh spinach
    1.5 cup of baby kale
    1 banana
    1 cup of water or unsweetened fruit flavored tea
    1.5 cups of any assorted frozen fruit (I really like mango and pineapple OR cherries and assorted berries)
    2 tbsp flax seed (optional)
    2 tbsp chia seeds (AMAZING amounts of fiber and tasteless)

You can modify anything you might not like, it's hard to mess up a smoothie. You may need to add more liquid to help blend.

Good luck!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Juice fasting = very little calories = weight loss = weight gain when you start increasing calories again

That smoothie recipe posted above looks like a better route as part of a balanced diet. Juicing is also okay in addition to regular meals.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Honestly..... Why do people want to do this to themselves??? I don't get it.
  • edwardss9
    edwardss9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I usually use my nutribullet so it's more of a smoothie