Ultimate Goal to lose 50lbs

Options
Hello fitpals,

I am starting this board to blast myself ... in to shape.
I want to lose 50lbs. I am not sure how long it will take or what exactly
I should be doing to lose the weight.
Please feel free to comment your stories, encouragement, or what ever you like.
Lets complete this journey together. :)

Ready, Set, LOSE Weight :smiley:

Replies

• SimplyGorgeous20
    SimplyGorgeous20 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What I have started doing so far is ...
    Clean eating. No fast food, No added sugars, low wheat and low dairy.
    I have also cut back on meat, I have been eating one meat per day (this is also because I am in a fast with my church :smile: )

I am also incorporating working out. My weekly goal is to work out 5 time per week.
  • micaelacookie
    micaelacookie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 40, maybe we can try and help each other
  • dettles
    dettles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Building muscle helps to burn calories long after you are done your work out! :)
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It is very difficult to build muscle and lose weight. To lose weight you must be in a deficit, to gain muscle you must have a surplus. The biggest tip I would share is get a scale and use it religiously. And when I say scale I mean food scale. Weigh everything you put in your mouth and log it. People are often surprised how much they add to their calorie intake in just small side snacks. A few nuts here and there a couple hundred calories added. A piece of cheese about 1 oz, 110 calories added.... Doing this and walking a lot each day is what I did to drop 125 pounds over the course if 2 years. I have maintained my weight now for over a year and still weigh 95% of what I put in my mouth and leave enough of a gap in my calorie numbers to account for that 5% I don't measure.

Oh and by doing this, I ate anything I wanted as long as it fit inside my calorie numbers. Clearly I attempted to balance my diet so I was getting the right macro numbers as well but as long as I stayed within my targets for everything I could get there eating any combo of different things I felt like to achieve it.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I lost 50+ and didn't cut anything out. I eat chocolate every day (or just about every day, anyway), I eat meat, bread, dairy, butter, etc., and have sugar with my coffee every day.

What has enabled me to lose the weight is calorie counting. I have a food scale that I use every day for absolutely everything. I reference the USDA food site to verify entries to make sure my calorie count is as accurate as possible.

You don't have to "eat clean" or cut anything out. All you have to do is make sure you are burning more calories than you're taking in.
  • mdg2188
    mdg2188 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my goal is also to lose 50lbs. I started my journey only a week ago and lost 3lbs in that 1 week. I have a strict diet of only water fruits and veggies for breakfast and lunch and for dinner I have a healthy meal like baked chicken or fish with veggies. I also do 30 to for 40 mins of Zumba! I love it and its a full body workout! It's going to be challenging but I'm up for it. I'm ready to get my sexy back!
  • beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

Me too! I'm hoping to have it all lost in 2017. If I can get it in before my 33rd birthday that would be great, if I could get it in before swimsuit weather that would be even better!

So far 6lbs lost (3 before I started this site)
  • beccahun1
    beccahun1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What I have started doing so far is ...
    Clean eating. No fast food, No added sugars, low wheat and low dairy.
    I have also cut back on meat, I have been eating one meat per day (this is also because I am in a fast with my church :smile: )

I am also incorporating working out. My weekly goal is to work out 5 time per week.

You can totally do this!

In 2016 I lost 30 lbs by counting calories, watching my sugars and eating gluten free. I didn't work out at all.
    Then I gained too much of it back!
    This year I'm looking to lose another 40 with the same 'program' (loosely used) plus a bit of exercise (also loosely used)
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    another vote for CICO here.

if you prefer to eat clean or eliminate certain foods then by all means go for it! but it's not necessary to do so in order to lose weight. if you're logging calories in and out accurately you can lose weight eating the same variety of foods you already enjoy but in different proportions (i.e. limiting fast food instead of eliminating it; eating less refined sugars but making room for occassional treats, etc.)
  • FindingMyself2017
    FindingMyself2017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Log bad and good days, drink tons of water and just take it one day at a time you will loose the weight :)
  • loveconquersall3400
    Options
    I am trying to lose 35lbs I have cut back on meat maybe once a day and I want to try intermittent fasting. Has anyone ever tried intermittent fasting and did it work? I Also have a hard time drinking a gallon of water a day
  • joechavez71
    joechavez71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I'm wit u! I need to lose about 50 lbs as well. Add me so we all can check out the foods we eat. Always nice to have other ideas when diets get boring
  • meat513
    meat513 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like