Fasting not supported

Options
simitch
simitch Posts: 2 Member
Hi, can anyone help? I'm trying intermittent fasting (36 hours once or twice a week) but MyFitnessPal doesn't seem to support me. I mean I can't "complete diary" without any food being added. Anyone know a workaround??

Thank you

Replies

• natavelino
    natavelino Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    No calories in water!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There's no workaround, unfortunately. It's purposely that way do that people are encouraged to hit their calorie goal, and not undereat. It'll still log all of your food, though, so ultimately it doesn't really mean anything to not be able to close it on your fast days.
  • ShaleSelkies
    ShaleSelkies Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I believe there's several entries in the food database titled just 'Misc.' so maybe you could enter just however much of that you need to complete your food diary on your fasting days.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If there's no food added, there's nothing to complete. I don't see what the problem is?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There is no purpose to completing your diary other than to view the oft erroneous five week prediction. Just skip it. I never complete mine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There's no need to complete your diary. all it does is give you a 5 week prediction based on that day, which would be utterly inaccurate for a fasting day, because the prediction is based on every day being exactly like that day.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Just don't hit the complete button for that day.....
  • AmbsBams
    AmbsBams Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Curious to know how long you have been doing intermittent fasting. I just started today. I am doing the 16/8 method. Shouldn't be hard since I usually start eating around 9:00am everyday and stop around 7pm (i would eat 3 meals). Only difference is now I will start eating at 11am and stop at 7 ( i will eat 2 big meals)...
    Hope your method works for you!!