A hike a month

Options
betty90631
betty90631 Posts: 9 Member
Hi everyone. I love the outdoors but last year i realized i didn't get out much. This year as part of my weight loss journey i figured i should strive for at least one new hike per month. Im from S. Cal. and theres lots of places i have not explored. This is my first time starting a thread on here. If you would like to join me lets try posting pictures mileage of hikes. May be we can motivate each to get outdoors and be more active. :)

Replies

• helensingssongs
    helensingssongs Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi Betty this was my new year resolution, so you can count me in. First one planned for Friday- just a little one to get back in the swing of it. Will try and post a picture of the veiw
  • betty90631
    Options
    Hi Betty this was my new year resolution, so you can count me in. First one planned for Friday- just a little one to get back in the swing of it. Will try and post a picture of the veiw

Nice looking forward to the picture.
  • SheenaBall
    SheenaBall Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love this idea!!! Not sure exactly what this will end up looking like for me. I live in Mongolia and travel a lot, (and our temps are super cold here) but know that with Thailand travel this month I can start strong and see what to do from there with some cool pics, so I'll give it a try. I miss the trails in America. Missouri has some awesome trails and I'll be back home there in November for a short visit and would love to hike there again for a while.. so this will ensure I am ready for it.
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    Sounds like you have an interesting life SheenaBell.
    Here is a photo from my Friday walk. A day sooner and a bit longer than planned
    l9ml2pnry1ao.jpg

• queequeg9315
    queequeg9315 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This sounds lovely. I'm in!
  • cshinton1
    cshinton1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Im from Idaho, I would like to do this too. We have great hiking spots here.....
  • betty90631
    Options
    SheenaBall wrote: »
    I love this idea!!! Not sure exactly what this will end up looking like for me. I live in Mongolia and travel a lot, (and our temps are super cold here) but know that with Thailand travel this month I can start strong and see what to do from there with some cool pics, so I'll give it a try. I miss the trails in America. Missouri has some awesome trails and I'll be back home there in November for a short visit and would love to hike there again for a while.. so this will ensure I am ready for it.

Wow awesome life indeed. Looking forward to your awesome hike pictures.
  • betty90631
    Options
    Helensingssongs i love the picture. Its beautiful looks very peaceful and relaxing. Where was this hike?
  • betty90631
    Options
    cshinton1 wrote: »
    Im from Idaho, I would like to do this too. We have great hiking spots here.....

Nice i have friends in Idaho. Looking forward to the awesome hiking trails Idaho has to offer.
  • helensingssongs
    Options
    betty90631 wrote: »
    Helensingssongs i love the picture. Its beautiful looks very peaceful and relaxing. Where was this hike?

Hengistbury Head on the south coast of England. I am looking forward to seeing the photos from different places
  • Emiliebeauchamp
    Emiliebeauchamp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Yes Im in. I will try to get one in this week.
  • alissakitsune
    alissakitsune Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I live in North Alabama, at the end of the Appalachian range. We have a beautiful state park that I live near with great trails. This was a resolution of mine as well. Definitely down.
  • estemt
    estemt Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm In I Hike At Least Once A Week But That Will Keep Me On Schedule. I live on the bay area norather California.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, want to join, love to hike but am a bit of a fair weather hiker! January and Febuary will be my big challenging months to get them in but I'm in. The places I like to hike (Mount Rainier) are buried in the snow currently but I know there are others around!
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
    I too have been wanting to get out there more. I live really close to the LT in Vermont. We usually try to do an over night at one of the cabins a couple of times a year. It's a bit cold for that now, but there are a lot of other trails around me. I look forward to posting pictures of my adventures.

What distance do you guys typically hike?
  • runawaycowgirl
    runawaycowgirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is awesome, love the idea. I will use this as training as I want to hike up Machu Picchu in the next year or two.

As above, are there any expected distances or elevations for our hike?
  • eahrenee
    eahrenee Posts: 157 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • HellaJes
    HellaJes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm so down for this! What a great idea!

I live near Mt. Rainier, as well. We've got a short snow-shoe hike planned for this weekend.

I can't wait to see pictures of all the beautiful places everyone will go!
  • HellaJes
    HellaJes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    eahrenee wrote: »

Nice shot! Looks chilly, hope you stayed warm :smiley:
  • mariabluffcity
    mariabluffcity Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This challenge is something I could do. My husband is always trying to get me on the trails. I love state/national parks.