New to MFP, have a long way to go and looking for help along

Options
I'm a 41 year old guy and in desperate need to lose around 80 pounds. I am married and have three wonderful kids. I am a techie through and through. My career is in IT and I sit in front of a keyboard or in a meeting most days.

I've tried to follow a few diets but just end right back where I started. Now, I'm looking for life changes before I wind up having serious health issues. I used to be very active and in great shape up into my 30s, now it's hard to find the energy to do much of anything. I just bought a bike so that I can start riding.

My goals are to lose weight, get healthier, and to want to be in the picture (I hide anytime someone brings out a camera).

I'm looking for some friends to help in my journey to a healthier me.

Replies

• debdptg
    debdptg Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of good folks here to help you along - I'll send you a friend requests.
  • chattyKathi
    chattyKathi Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    well coming here was a good choice! the support here is fabulous. Make sure you keep track of what you eat everyday. even if you go over your calorie goal. I always thought I was eating the right amount of calories until I stated keeping a log here. Come everyday and track everything. It really has helped me! I have 119 pounds to lose. So I am right there with you!
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi!

MFP is a great source of support and inspiration. People are friendly and helpful.

I am 45 and needed to also lose about 75-80 pounds. So far I've lost 26 just since May 3rd. Honestly, I am not following any diet at all. I've decided that I am going to eat normally (albeit more healthy choices) and exercise. I religiously log everything on here to help me keep track. (I use website and the iPhone app).

Stay positive! You can do this! Send me a friend request if you would like!
  • trappedbyfat
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has already invited me as a friend. I look forward to gettting to everyone. I've very excited about how friendly this site is and how helpful all of you are.
  • jessicarn76
    jessicarn76 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I agree to what the above posters have said. This is a great supportive site. Lots of ideas found on the message boards. I agree, log everything. I think logging what I eat makes me pay more attention to what I'm choosing to use my calories for. Good luck. Friend request sent!