Shoveling snow

Options
msarro
msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
Ok, I know my back hurts to the point where I can't lift anything after the snow plows decided to cover my car with 4 feet of snow. That shoveling had better have won me a few extra calories today. Anyone have any idea how much shoveling snow can burn?

Replies

• msarro
    Options
    Ok, I know my back hurts to the point where I can't lift anything after the snow plows decided to cover my car with 4 feet of snow. That shoveling had better have won me a few extra calories today. Anyone have any idea how much shoveling snow can burn?
  • Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

This site has just about every activity out there :wink: Just put your weight in, scroll down and enter how many minutes you shoveled snow, and it should give you an estimate...even though an HRM is the best way to go :drinker:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Lately snow shoveling has been one of my top exercises. As a 145 lb woman, 45 minutes burned 193 calories. But I think a lot depends on the weight of the snow and if you are throwing a lot of heavy snow or just pushing some light snow.
  • ahoskins
    Options
    OK, I feel ya on the snow shoveling. It just took me an hour to shovel my driveway. If you go to fitday.com and click on all exercises, then on occupations, there is shoveling light, moderate, heavy. I picked light 10 pounds or lighter. As a 28/f, 296, I burned 346 calories in one hour. Definitely got a workout.

136292.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • faylou
    faylou Posts: 89
    Options
    I want to Thankyou for the question and everyone for replying I had the same question , always wanted to know!!!!
    Thanks again:bigsmile:
  • msarro
    Options
    Whoa, 498 calories from 45 minutes of shoveling snow. 24m/241 lbs.