Time for a change!

Options
I've been a member for quite awhile. I've done well, fallen off the wagon, done well again, and yet again, fell off. Well this last time, I fell off for quite awhile. Life has happened. In the past couple years, I lost my Grandma, then 5 months later, I lost my Dad. My Grandma was expected as she wasn't doing well. My Dad, though... that was unexpected. It ripped my world apart. I was a daddy's girl and he was the one who I could talk to about anything. So it began. My spiral. Then health problems crept up as I approached 40. Had a couple surgeries/procedures for some "female" stuff, which in turn messed up some hormones. Hypothyroidism showed up finally - I fought for the blood tests to check it, thankfully. So it's been about a year of messing with meds, as the synthetic thyroid made me gain a good 20 pounds (that I did not need). So switched to Armour by now we are trying to adjust dose to get it under control. All this on top of our oldest (who is 18) who wants nothing to do with us (unless he needs something) and moved out to my mother in law's apartment because she has absolutely no rules and therefore he has no responsibilities. So... with that all being said, I'm back. I need to do something. I need a change. Not a diet. A change.

I need to accept that I don't have to eat "breakfast foods" for breakfast, or so on. If I want some raw veggies in the morning, then I should eat it, not think "Oh, it's too early for that". I need to accept that I will mess up. That doesn't mean I failed. It means I'm human. I need to accept that I'm a snacker by nature. I need to just plan for that. The problem is my head. It gets in the way sometimes.

So here's to success. Here's to a change. Here's to my family. We all need this change.

So that's my story.... Wish me luck!

Replies