Stronger, Better, Faster....Jan 28th

Options
Good Morning!!!!

I'm excited that I have off from school today...but I've got a bunch of papers to write so I'm worried if I can make it to the gym!

Today I HAVE to clean
I have to go pick up something that's an hour away so I will have a nice drive...
and I have to work on my papers!

I'm not going to die if I have to take a night off though because last night my legs just wouldn't move! I only did 4 miles on the bike and it felt like I had done 12! Thankfully yesterday I was able to get more water down but when I was "sure" I'd burn at least 200 calories min and I only burned 100 I ended up going over my calories a little (not maintenance calories though so I'm not worried).

Well, you all have a good day! I've got to go!!!

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!!

I'm excited that I have off from school today...but I've got a bunch of papers to write so I'm worried if I can make it to the gym!

Today I HAVE to clean
    I have to go pick up something that's an hour away so I will have a nice drive...
    and I have to work on my papers!

I'm not going to die if I have to take a night off though because last night my legs just wouldn't move! I only did 4 miles on the bike and it felt like I had done 12! Thankfully yesterday I was able to get more water down but when I was "sure" I'd burn at least 200 calories min and I only burned 100 I ended up going over my calories a little (not maintenance calories though so I'm not worried).

Well, you all have a good day! I've got to go!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    We escaped the ice last night. A few bridges are icy, but the sun is out, so I'm good to go to yoga. Weights is tonight as well - yeah! I'm with you V - I think I should earn double for weights. I like the class ok, but I don't do it the rest of the week.

I really need to stop gaining weight - if that is what is happening and it's not fluctuation. I feel like I'm eating right, exercising a bunch, and am not over eating. I dread going back to counting calories. I think I will try the no sweets thing first.

Happy workouts!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I don't remember if I posted the last few days or not - been really busy! Anyway, yesterday my exercise was Girls Night Out at the bowling alley. I'd left myself 800 calories (not including any I earned from bowling) and then was really good and drank water all night and had a grilled chicken sandwich with only veggies and then about half of my serving of fries. I'm pretty sure I handled that social occassion pretty well! Today I plan to get in some bike, running on the treadmill, and I'm going to try out the Ab Lounger I picked up off Craigslist this weekend. I'm going to also be sure to continue to get all of my waters in. I had a very bad weekend eating and exercise wise so I want to be sure to be really good this week.

Hope everyone is well!
    +++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole :flowerforyou:

8056.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Nice job ladies! Finish of January with a bang!!! :drinker: My official "weigh-in & measure" will be Sunday prior to partying!!! Thank God the super bowl is after this planned assessment :laugh:

I'm feeling much better but still taking it easy getting back into the cardio. Coughing spasms are bad when they hit so trying to get the lungs back before stressing my body. I am on track (even without working out last night) to hit my goal Feb weight of 145. I CAN DO THIS! I am aiming for 3-5lbs a month from now on out. I haven't been able to exercise much this past month and have loosely watched my cals. For those of you "stuck" remember sometimes you need a break and <<cough, gag>> more calories in your diet.

Is everyone ready for Feb? Get thinking on your goals. Let's post like never before!
    Arianne :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yep, I decided to pay myself double for weights. So, I gave myself 5 bucks for fifteen minutes. (it really doesn't take that much time when I break it up into heavy sessions. . .Upper body 2 xs a week, lower body once. . .but I still hate it.)

Still stressed, but trying to keep my head up. The legislative debate continues. . .blergh.

Today, after work, I'm going to do $5 worth of yoga. It was interesting yesterday, I wanted to slack on my cardio time. . .but wanted my whole $10 an hour. . .so I did an hour. I bought a pair of "diamond" stud earrings on the way home with my workout salary. If anyone asks, "they were my mother's" (I'm told this is cotillion talk for "they're real.":tongue: )

Take care of yourselves! I promise to do the same. . .:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 1/2 day of school today because of snow. Get out the chains, cause I'm going to need them! I'm pretty used to it though. I haven't exercised since last Friday and I just am getting worse. I really need to get kick started again somehow but can't find the motivation I need. This shouldn't be this hard but all my body craves lately is carbohydrates. Does anyone know whether this can be related to it being winter and all I want to do is hibernate and eat? Is there anything written anywhere on it? I'm going to google it but thought I would just ask. Hope you all have a good day.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 1/2 day of school today because of snow. Get out the chains, cause I'm going to need them! I'm pretty used to it though. I haven't exercised since last Friday and I just am getting worse. I really need to get kick started again somehow but can't find the motivation I need. This shouldn't be this hard but all my body craves lately is carbohydrates. Does anyone know whether this can be related to it being winter and all I want to do is hibernate and eat? Is there anything written anywhere on it? I'm going to google it but thought I would just ask. Hope you all have a good day.

I'm having that same issue! All I've wanted for the last few days is a BIG bowl of mashed potatoes! :laugh: Part of the issue is I've noticed every three or four days I'm craving more food. I think I'm slightly under on my daily just enough that it starts to build up. So when I'm craving food like crazy I let myself go 100-200 calories over. I've noticed that makes a world of a difference (as long as I stop at 200 calories)
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Look into SAD (seasonal depression). You may just need to get some fresh air and sunshine in your body. Sounds simple but works wonders! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Wow! I feel like a late poster! Everyone is doing great!
    Karen I am with you. I am struggling to work out. We can do this though! Craving carbs sounds like a nice thing to crave during the winter months. Makes sense to me! :laugh:
    I did really bad yesterday. Really bad. Didn't count, didn't work out, didn't care. I had too much chocolate in things yesterday and last night I got really grouchy. I had muffins this morning that have chocolate chips in them (carrots and zucchini as well!) and immediately afterward I felt really angry. So I am going to get off sweets, starting now. The hardest part will be not chewing gum which I usually do to help with the sweet cravings. I will do it for at least three weeks, maybe the whole month of February. The only exception is my cousin's son's b-day party in about 10 days. I may not eat the cake (come on guys! Help me to say NO!) but I want to make sure that I leave it as an exception, so I won't beat myself up too badly.
    Mary, when did you say you can start? The 7th? That's the day of the birthday party, so that will help me remember when you can start with me. If anyone else wants to join, jump in! I just hope I remember not to eat them! :laugh:
    Today is some light cleaning, push ups, sit ups, and either Shred or running on the wii. Whatever I can motivate myself to do for 30 minutes. And then finish up the majority of painting on the bed. I still have drawers to sand and paint but that isn't as pressing as the rest of the bed. I'm almost done! I think we are going to try to get it together this weekend! Alex is excited about it which makes me very happy!
    Okay, I'm done. For now. Stay warm everyone!
    MM
  • kjllose
    Options
    Thank you for listening to my whine. I will to get out more, but today it will just be to shovel snow, lol. I do believe I probably have a little SAD going on, I really love sitting in front of the window when it's sunny so maybe that's what I am craving along with the carbs:laugh: :laugh: . I just know I don't want to get on the scale tomorrow because I'm pretty sure it will be going the wrong way! Thanks again for listening.
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Still job hunting. Hoping to find something soon. I've cut back on my exercise from two hours every morning getting up at 4:00 to one hour every morning getting up at 5:00. With the stress of trying get employed after my time here is done, I found myself needing the extra hour of sleep. So, my goals are to keep up the exercise, drink lots of water, and stay positive. So far, so good. I also started back to logging in my calories and exercise today.

Have a great day. :flowerforyou:

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi Bobbie, good to see you again. You've been MIA for a couple of days right? Or am I just trippin'?

Well, today is gonna be hard sweet wise. I don't have any around but I sure am craving them! Ugh!

I decided to clean out my closet this morning. I rarely get motivated to clean so I don't know where that came from. I may not get any other exercise (except push ups and sit us in). Not a big calorie burner but it is something!

I'm back to work!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    MM - I'm starting on the 8th.

I saw something today that said a 15 minute walk will help curb cravings.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I guess if I try that, I might be walking a lot today! lol
  • kjllose
    Options
    MM I will do the sweets challenge with you. My birthday is the 5th so I will start on the 7th with you. We can be strong! I will also try to get a walk in everyday to test the theory that it will curb the cravings! Hi Mary, thanks for the tip, Hi Bobbie, I hope you find something soon!

Goals today- all my waters-done
    -light lunch- done
    -have to have spaghetti for supper so an appropriate portion
    - sorry no exercise, I have to go rescue my daughter in this storm, she doesn't have
    four wheel drive.

Major goal for tomorrow! No whining! Only positive thoughts as Niccole would say! Where are you Niccole? Vivia? See you all tomorrow!
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes, MIA a bit, but doing fine. Still following up on all possibilities. Good to be back.

Bobbie