Wii Fit Suggestions?

Options
k8es
k8es Posts: 271 Member
Hello! I have Wii Fit and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for fitness "games". I have tried Jenny McCarthy's Your Shape and the 10 minute solutions Knock-out Body. I was a little underwhelmed by both of them and do not want to waste any more money on something I will not use. I've read reviews about My Fitness Coach, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, and EA Sports Active 2. Does anyone have any experience with those or suggestions for others?

Replies

• hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a Wii and I LOVE Just Dance. You don't need to use the fit but if you get into it you can really work up a sweat.

I also used the EA sports active and I didn't like it. For some reason mine was having difficulty reading my moves and I would get really frustrated.
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I've been doing zumba on the wii - its a really good workout!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have my fitness coach 2. The interface and options are not great but the challenges make an excellent workout. I love the boxing challenge.
    The miniwork outs are too small in my opinion.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I use My Fitness Coach and I love it, I have aslo used EA Sports active 1 which I also enjoyed (However I did get a little bored with this one after about 12 months)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    i love just dance 2 its a great game.
  • scraig77
    scraig77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love the Zumba for the Wii. I tried the Golds Gym you refer to & the Biggest Loser one, I did not like either one. I did not feel like I was getting much of a workout - they were not very cardio
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has been doing other, pretty serious exercises this able to comment on any of the games? I've been considering using the Wii for workouts, but worried that it wouldn't be a serious enough calorie burn... and I don't have a ton of free time for exercise, so I don't want to waste the time if it won't work.
  • hannavasgreen
    hannavasgreen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has been doing other, pretty serious exercises this able to comment on any of the games? I've been considering using the Wii for workouts, but worried that it wouldn't be a serious enough calorie burn... and I don't have a ton of free time for exercise, so I don't want to waste the time if it won't work.

I do 45 minutes of cardio 4 days a week and 2 days of strength training. I still think just dance for Wii is a good workout. I usually just do it for fun and 30 minutes goes by without even noticing. Some days my arms are sore after and I always work up a sweat. After some of the dances I have to catch my breath. I take my Wii dancing pretty seriously though. I plan on using the moves to maybe break out into choreographed dance if I ever get the chance ;)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii Fit Plus and the Wii More Active and like both. Also have the Dance, Dance which is a lot fun (though frustrating for me because I am so uncordinated! LOL).
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I just got Wii Zumba and really like it..I've done a 20 minute workout on the wii and worked up a sweat! (I wasn't wearing shoes and my feet were slipping!!!)

The moves are pretty easy on the beginnier level...but still I'm moving the whole 20 minutes ;)
  • hukildkeny
    hukildkeny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just dance 2 for the wii is awesome ea sports2 is ok however the sensors you wear on your arm and leg dont always seem to sense and the game person stands there and yells at you your doing it wrong or you need to follow me even if your following the ungrateful evil computer generated slut...lol sorry she makes me mad. however if it worked right it wouldnt be so bad
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Looks like i'll be getting my Dance or Zumba on! If nothing else, it will at least be entertainment for the neighbors :)
  • vemaddox
    vemaddox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i have the wii fit plus...its pretty good...i tend to use it for just something a lil extra....some of the games i do get a lil sweaty...mainly just for fun for me
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii fit plus and Just Dance. I work up a much bigger sweat on the Just Dance and have ALOT more fun with it than the fit plus.
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    what about the fit in 6 for WII. anyone have it and how they like it