MAcro check please!

Options
I got these numbers from the IIFYM calculator for maintaining. I'm 19, 5'8 and 135 lbs.

121 p
48 f
238 c

Does this look right? TIA!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many cals is that?
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    121 x 4 = 484 calories (protein). 48x9=432 (fat). 238x4= 952 (carbs). Grand total 1868.
    ---your friendly dietitian
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Matahairi wrote: »
    121 x 4 = 484 calories (protein). 48x9=432 (fat). 238x4= 952 (carbs). Grand total 1868.

Probably a bit low for maintenance cals, if you're in any way active OP.
  • annaclaireblack
    annaclaireblack Posts: 63 Member
    Options

I lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio here and there. Mostly just lifting. I'm trying to gain muscle but I have a fast metabolism and it's hard to gain weight. It's not impossible, just hard. I was eating whatever I wanted for probably close to a year and only got up to 145. 135-140 is normal for me. What Would you suggest adding in for muscle growth?
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I lift 4-5 times a week and do cardio here and there. Mostly just lifting. I'm trying to gain muscle but I have a fast metabolism and it's hard to gain weight. It's not impossible, just hard. I was eating whatever I wanted for probably close to a year and only got up to 145. 135-140 is normal for me. What Would you suggest adding in for muscle growth?

You need to eat in a surplus to gain muscle
  • annaclaireblack
    Options

I'm coming from my macros being 80 c, 125p, and I think 40f. I want to stay as lean as I can so I was going to go in maintenance for a while so my body could readjust. Do you think this is okay? Or just go straight into a bulk?

• TavistockToad
    Options

I'm coming from my macros being 80 c, 125p, and I think 40f. I want to stay as lean as I can so I was going to go in maintenance for a while so my body could readjust. Do you think this is okay? Or just go straight into a bulk?

Whichever you'd prefer. But it's doubtful that 1800 cals is even maintenance for you.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Macros look fine in terms of hitting sensible protein and fat minimums but calories do look low for your stats and activity level. In the end you are going to have to choose a calorie allowance and try it for a few weeks and see what happens.
    What would you suggest adding in for muscle growth?
    Good training and more food of your choice.
    Macro precision is less important when maintaining or bulking compared to when you are dieting, if you are hitting your P & F requirements you can be flexible.
    I was going to go in maintenance for a while so my body could readjust. Do you think this is okay? Or just go straight into a bulk?
    Either, your choice, knowing maintenance levels is a useful piece of data if you want to stay as lean as possible but I don't know enough about you to have an opinion.
  • annaclaireblack
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Macros look fine in terms of hitting sensible protein and fat minimums but calories do look low for your stats and activity level. In the end you are going to have to choose a calorie allowance and try it for a few weeks and see what happens.
    What would you suggest adding in for muscle growth?
    Good training and more food of your choice.
    Macro precision is less important when maintaining or bulking compared to when you are dieting, if you are hitting your P & F requirements you can be flexible.
    I was going to go in maintenance for a while so my body could readjust. Do you think this is okay? Or just go straight into a bulk?
    Either, your choice, knowing maintenance levels is a useful piece of data if you want to stay as lean as possible but I don't know enough about you to have an opinion.

Wow! Thank you so much!! Very helpful
  • capecodderbunny
    capecodderbunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am not sure what this group is all about but since it is also my last name then I wanted to join!!!