is it really possible to gain 4pounds in 3 days?

Options
2»

Replies

• findingone
    findingone Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    In 3 days of NGAF I gained 13 pounds from the sodium and other crap. It was all temp weight. I ate clean and drank water for 4 days and 12.5 pounds dropped off.

There was so much *kitten* "scientific data" from the twenties and thirties and forties that made you think we were actually gaining weight. It's so refreshing to see the amount of good valid, truthful information that's out on the web now that pertains to physical health. It's eye opening and makes you happy knowing that oh my God if I overate for 2 or 3 days I didn't instantly gain 40 pounds. I mean really? You're a 7'2 260 pound guy, you need to eat 1200 calories and nothing but strict vegetables for 2 years straight to lose weight. That was my mentality and what more than a few people told me over the years with their "educated insight" into fitness.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    findingone wrote: »
    In 3 days of NGAF I gained 13 pounds from the sodium and other crap. It was all temp weight. I ate clean and drank water for 4 days and 12.5 pounds dropped off.

There was so much *kitten* "scientific data" from the twenties and thirties and forties that made you think we were actually gaining weight. It's so refreshing to see the amount of good valid, truthful information that's out on the web now that pertains to physical health. It's eye opening and makes you happy knowing that oh my God if I overate for 2 or 3 days I didn't instantly gain 40 pounds. I mean really? You're a 7'2 260 pound guy, you need to eat 1200 calories and nothing but strict vegetables for 2 years straight to lose weight. That was my mentality and what more than a few people told me over the years with their "educated insight" into fitness.

Are you actually 7'2"? My husband is that tall and I've never met anyone else that height so I was just curious, lol.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I gained 10 pounds in two days so yeah its possible.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yep. One weekend of eating off track and I can easily gain 5+ pounds. Drink more water and get eating back on track and within a few days its back to normal.
  • johnnylloyd0618
    johnnylloyd0618 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    lol, I am only 150, I can gain and or drop 4-5 per day.
  • findingone
    findingone Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    findingone wrote: »

Are you actually 7'2"? My husband is that tall and I've never met anyone else that height so I was just curious, lol.

No. The feeling I was trying to convey was that society at large, up until maybe the last 20 years had it wrong on how to realistically lose weight. 7'2 guy can only eat 1200 calories?? Really? No. The health gurus attitude was the 1200 calorie a day diet, strict healthy food, no retreat no surrender attitude, you can't cheat at all etc...Which was wrong on how the body really works and how real food can be eaten. The fact that you don't have to be killer strict, just maintain calories, walk a little but PERSEVERANCE and the long run is what is needed. Diet changes tons of stuff I am not giving credit to.

But I do that sometimes. Sorry if I wasn't clear :)

A lot better more accurate truthful data now.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    dodgehalo wrote: »
    I gained 17 LBs on New Years Eve. Have lost 19 since

Magnificent ;) I gained 7lbs from Christmas through New Year's. All but 1lb is gone. Weight fluctuates, OP, for all the various reasons mentioned.
  • Zoey2715
    Zoey2715 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Some CTO pain medications and cause weight gain. I take Aleve for my knee pain and will gain 2-3 pounds in a couple of days (it also causes constipation). Ironic, is it not?