Vegetarians, click here.

Options
2»

Replies

• sarahsfaith
    sarahsfaith Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My favorite VEGETARIAN FAST FOOD is a bean burger. I put a little bit of oil with drained canned beans and onions and fry them just a little bit. Then I mashed them and make a burger,then I put the burger in a pan an let it cook for a couple of minutes each side. It takes less than 15 minutes... then the usual, bread, mustard or whatever you like in burger :)
  • heyletsgethealthy
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for two years. There are plenty of options out there if you are willing to cook. If you aren't then you will eat mostly salads and veggie delites.

I have a lot of cook books that I use. Or i look online for recipes.

this is pretty much what I learned. I've been a vegetarian for 8 years and a pescetarian for about 5 months of those 8 years. You really have to cook things in order to stay on track or you'll pretty much eat salads and mac and cheese everyday, which isn't good for you. There's a lot of easy frozen foods you can try, I love Boca brand everything and Morning Star is really good too.
    EDIT: If you never had Indian cuisine, I recommend trying it. It's amazing and almost everything is vegetarian.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    My husband travels and has the same problem sometimes. If you want more restaurant options, ethnic restaurants are almost always a good choice, especially Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese. They almost always have veg dishes. A lot of chain restaurants will sub a veggie burger or portabello mushroom for their meat burgers. I know Red Robin, Denny's, Ruby Tuesday, and several others in our area do this, and we're not exactly in a veg friendly area. Sometimes you have to ask because it isn't always listed on the menu. Lots of places will simply leave the meat out of a dish too, all you have to do is ask. I do this a lot with pasta dishes, salads, and other things that have bacon or chicken on them. Some simple foods don't require heating or cooling - single serving packets of nut butters on bread, bagel, crackers, fruit slices, etc.; raw fruit; dried fruit; trail mix; cereal; nutrition bars. You can buy lunch at a local grocery store or health food with a deli instead of a restaurant. I get things like guacamole or salsa and chips, hummus and crackers or veggies, cheese and bread, salads from the deli, or yogurt and cereal. Some of the grocery stores and health food stores even have microwaves if I want to heat up a frozen entree.
  • skyisthelimit25
    Options
    Excellent! Many options I've never heard of before!! (And I've been vegetarian for 10 years!) Thanks! :D
  • TurtleGirl18
    Options
    One thing I really like to do is to get some nice tofu at the super market, and then just slice it up into cubes. Add some nice finely cut ginger and green onions! A little soy sauce makes it perfect!
  • thetraveladdict
    Options
    Been a vegetarian for 8 months and have gotten a few new ideas from everyone's posts! Thanks