What happened! Fat...Happened.

Options
Omg went to the doctor today. After some depression, job loss and home less I'm at 262 lbs. Jesus!!! Lord help me. I'm working from home now so I need to get with it. My husband wants kids and I feel that the weight is definitely contributing to me not being able to conceive. Anywho and help on here would be great. By putting on my breakfast on the list I see why I'm overweight. No more Starbucks. I work at home and so I'm stuck at the desk all day. I get comfortable so it's time to get uncomfortable and get moving. Hello I'm Cassandra and I'm a chunky monkey.

Replies

• ramicharowland
    ramicharowland Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi cassandra!! I went to the doctor and weighed in at 244 ( I was 225 6-7 months ago) But it is time for a change... And we can do it !! Start by staying in the calorie deficit given by MFP.. This will help A LOT.. ( So i hear)

I ate out a lot too and I am sure I was eating about 3000 cals a day at least.. ( I love mcdonalds and jack in the box)

I am only on day 4 and feeling great I have stayed in my deficit all 4 days.. I cut out soda and fast food completely.

I work out for 30 minutes a day..

I work in a call center so I see where you are coming from... I try to do small things during the day like arm circles, leg kicks mild stretching, abdominal twists I think it helps
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,801 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your goals. :)
  • Kschmidt64
    Kschmidt64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't work anymore. With my husbands job, we were making too much money! On average we were paying $5000 or more in taxes for 5 plus years. It is not because we are wealthy or anything. Just not enough deductions. So I understand when you say, you get depressed and everything.
    Saw a Gastric Surgeon in November 2016. At my biggest I weighed 240 lbs. I am down to 229 and scheduled to start my liquid pre-op diet 20 Feb. Surgery is March 7th. I am excited to be getting it done. I have always put everyone else first and so MY health and well being suffered. Now I am taking control and doing this for Me/Myself and I!!!!
    My best advice is see your doctor and figure out a plan that will work for YOU. Surprisingly, we are what we eat!!
    I found that out the hard way. Now my body has suffered. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, mild depression. I take foo many meds.
    So with the surgery, I am hoping by Late Summer, I will possibly be off my C-pap machine. Snoring will finally be gone. Never thought that snoring meant that you stopped breathing on a regular basis. Plus some if not all my meds and be down to taking just vitamins and special supplements.
    FYI: You can still do Starbucks, but you have to make better choices. That is one of my biggest lessons I have to relearn.
  • Alana150
    Alana150 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Cassandra! I started logging on MFP again yesterday. Also, it was my first day back at working out...went to Spinning class...boy it was hard but I felt good after. I too sit at a desk all day at work. I try to take breaks when I can to walk around but sometimes work load gets in my way so it doesn't happen as often as I would like. I definitely want to master eating right, making better choices and sticking to them. I'm hoping this year is a healthier year for all of us!

Feel free to add me!