Wanted: Friends serious about motivation, fitness and clean eating!

Options
Hi everyone :smiley:

I've been on MFP for a while, but got back to using it properly this January. New year, new start, new goals. I'm a fitness enthusiast - HIIT and pilates mainly but trying to get into weight training gradually. I recently had a clear out of my friend list, basically people who've not been on here for a long time so I'm looking to make new friends who are also keen on fitness and clean eating in particular. I've never been a fan of processed foods and believe nutrition should stay true to the ingredients themselves.

So if anyone would like to add me as a friend, I'm an enthusiastic 30 year old mum of a very active 2 1/2 year old toddler. My working background is in psychology and human health and nutrition psychology and I absolutely love cooking.

Looking forward to meeting like-minded people.

:smiley: Heather

Replies

• hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hey just started my clean eating journey after many years of...well.. not. Happy to have some who has it down as a friend! :)
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Hey thanks for the add :smile: - yep I've always done clean eating, I think only recently it's got more attention as a way of eating all the time.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I'm vague about what clean eating actually is, but I'm all about motivation and fitness! Feel free to add me.
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Hi great, will do. Clean eating is basically eating whole foods, rather than processed packaged foods. It's making meals from scratch with real ingredients in essence. I think it's become a 'thing' recently (think Clean Eating Alice amongst others championing it), but I've always eaten this way. I just thought with it being 'new' people would recognise that way of eating (like some people have paleo diets, some low carb, some low fat, high protein etc etc). Nice to meet you :smile:
  • hanrecornelius718
    hanrecornelius718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story :wink: lol I have a almost 4 year old
  • hanrecornelius718
    hanrecornelius718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me
  • Jvalexc
    Jvalexc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me, always looking to help motivate!
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add away! Trying working with a PT this time & it's great! All about clean eating, daily exercise & support/accountability
  • johnnyfr123
    johnnyfr123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • suzesvelte
    suzesvelte Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Have you got enough "adds" yet? I would like to be your pal cos of your background in psychology. I am pretty good at weight loss - but seem to always undermine myself in maintenance so I have to do it all again ... again... which is lots of times now I am 58! I can offer lots of support with making a healthy regime work long-term if you can offer anything on the psychology!

I eat anti-cancer which is like "clean" but with added attention to not eating known carcinogens like processed meat and alcohol PLUS extra-eating things with known anti-cancer properties like veg curries, berries and green tea.

I am able to be pretty "strict" on most things, for many years, actually - but have some known issues, certain points where I come undone, usually these: biscuits / chocolate in the supermarket / portion control overall and extra oil in dinners - that's it - really - the essential just four habits I need to break - should be easy, eh?

I seriously thing sugar is the devil and find it way harder to give up than alcohol, though I used to be heavy drinker in my youth, and think it probably had a role to play in my bowel cancer. I simply dont drink at all now but will still buy sweet stuff for myself. :/

I have survived stage 4 cancer with a combination of massive invasive treatments over 5 years and self-help too - so I am motivated to stay strong and cancer-free for the rest of my life.

Add me if that interests you, Heather.

All the best, Suze
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Ms_Consistency
    Ms_Consistency Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Started clean eating in January. Down 11 pounds. Continued February clean eating, paleo. Feel free to add me!
  • blackbearseatbeets
    Options
    Trying to clean my life-style as well. I can always use a push too. Add me if like.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I didn't know until recently that "clean eating" was a thing.. I thought it was just called eating and that not eating that way was the exception not the norm.. So greatful to my hippy parents for growing me up on veggies from our garden, whole milk from the neighbours and whole grains and legumes :)
  • hbunting86
    Options
    Thanks to all the new friends - I'll keep checking back here. Yeah to me it's just 'eating' but apparently now it's a 'thing'. I guess we live in a fast-paced consumerist society (well, many of us do) and it's so easy for people to fall into the trap of buying things which are packaged and 'ready to go' - without looking what's IN these scary, largely shelf-stable for months products! I enjoy cooking, always have and always will so it's just natural to eat this way. However with the advent of Clean Eating Alice and other people coming to the fore and bringing out 'clean eating' books it definitely seems to have become a trend. Like most things it'll probably not last, but at least for a short while more people may cook from scratch! ;)