Starting Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 Today 7/17 - Join me

Options
Hello!

After breaking my ankle this winter and gaining 12 pounds, I need to get back in my cute teaching clothes next month. So, I've decided to do Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD 6 days a week (one day off each week to rest) for the next month.

I also picked up her book Making the Cut to use as motivation and a dietary guide. I'm a vegetarian, so I'll be modifying the recipes a bit, possibly stretching my usual diet to include fish for the next month.

I'm hoping other folks will jump on this thread and participate and/or contribute their own experiences with Ripped in 30.

Here goes nothin'...

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm going to send over a friend invite. I too am starting the 30 Day Shred, but tomorrow! Good luck to us ;)
  • WolfieCougar
    WolfieCougar Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, actually! I was looking for other people who started now since everyone seems to be halfway through on the other threads. Hope you don't mind if I add you guys as friends!
  • mommy2robert
    mommy2robert Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just ordered 30 day shed from Amazon today. Sadly I won't have it until the 20th. I will join you though :smile:
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of 30DS at the moment :) Once I've finished the shred, I'm going to go onto Ripped in 30 - seen some good reviews and apparently it's a step up from 30DS, which is perfect!
  • neferstie
    neferstie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30DS yesterday and am planning on starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30DS yesterday and am planning on starting Ripped in 30 tomorrow.

well done! what kind of results did you get?
  • bugernie
    bugernie Posts: 5
    Options
    Yay! So glad to have folks to suffer with me!

I did 30DS last summer to get ready for my wedding, and I had great success with it.

Looking forward to trying Ripped in 30. I've heard it's even more intense!
  • HankFit247
    HankFit247 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome!

We're all here to provide assistance and support. Just let me know how I can be of personal assistance.

Hank
  • bugernie
    Options
    Just finished day one of level 1 on Ripped in 30. Many of the moves were familiar, coming from other Jillian DVDs. Several of the moves were from levels 2 and 3 of the 30 day shred. I would definitely say it was tougher than level 1 of 30DS. More stretching at the end, which was nice.

Feels good. I'll keep you posted on how this goes.
  • Shluke206
    Shluke206 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just finished day 1/level 1 of Ripped in 30 today and I agree that it's tougher than level 1 of 30DS. I have a HRM and I burned about 70 more calories than I normally did on level 2 of 30DS!! (I never really got into level 3 b/c it was seemed to tear up my knees too much). Is anyone going to do the free JM diet plan that goes with it?
  • enlarsh
    enlarsh Posts: 67
    Options
    Yeah! I'd love to join you! I started Ripped in 30 tonight. I thought it was a similar intensity to 30DS-Level 2. I'm nervous about what week 4 will bring.

For the other posters, I finished 30DS on Friday. I had two vacations in that time in which I tried to get in some running. I started 30 DS on May 31. Sometimes I did two levels each day--but that didn't happen very often. Here are my results: 12 lbs. lost. Chest: 1.5 in. lost Waist: 1 in. lost Hips: 3 in. lost Knees: 1 in. lost each Calves: .75. in lost each Ankles: .5 in lost each Arms: 1.25 in lost each Forearms: 1.5 in lost each Wrist: .5 in lost
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    Hi Monday will be D3W1 of Ripped in 30.I did 30 Day Shred last month and had good results!I LOVE Ripped in 30,to me it is def.harder that 30 day Shred.I have been a cardio queen for a long time,but I am REALLY loving using weights!
  • wng8247
    wng8247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Actually started today as well. Very new to the site, not sure how this works. Friends appreciated.
  • MsTransformation
    Options
    I'm starting JM 30 day shred today, I've been doing turbo jam (which I love) Good luck to all!! :smile:
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I finished the 30ds today, and I'm just waiting on my Ripped in 30 dvd to arrive!
  • braytor
    braytor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello!

After breaking my ankle this winter and gaining 12 pounds, I need to get back in my cute teaching clothes next month. So, I've decided to do Jillian Michaels' Ripped in 30 DVD 6 days a week (one day off each week to rest) for the next month.

Ummm, I ALSO broke my ankle this winter and gained weight!!!!!! AND I am going back to work as a teacher as well! (Was on Maternity leave) I am going to get hubby to pick up Ripped in 30... I just finished 30DS and lost 10 inches and want to kick it up a notch.
    Wow, what a coincidence! I hope to keep seeing great results.
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    W1D3 done burned 306 caolries today I felt stronger and did the whole workout without stopping:smile:
  • SuzyB5791
    SuzyB5791 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm on week one day 3. I can use some "buddies" for motivation. I did go through the DVD back in April but really slacked off with my exercise and food choices. I'm just getting back into exercising and eating healthy. Hopefully this time I will see it to the end.
  • bugernie
    Options
    Glad to see new folks joining in on the "fun!"

About to do my second day. Actually looking forward to doing better at some of those tougher moves.

We can all do this!
  • Jessicapages
    Options
    W1D4 done!! 300 calories burned feeling great!!!