who else is new to the keto diet ?

Options
I started 1-1-17 and 11 days in I'm so tired lately, glad the headache is gone . good news I have lost 10lb's so happy for that, I have read that the tired feeling will go away then I should have more energy..

Replies

• Jenism1
    Jenism1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started on Jan 3. Down 6 pounds. Not snacking, not hungry, not missing sugar...so weird. Hopefully your symptoms will go away soon. I didn't really have any side effects. I will send a friend request, if ya like?!
  • arosas30
    arosas30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Started 1-9
    Down 7.5lbs ( probably water weight)
    But yay! Lol
    Hoping to get thru my first weekend without sabotaging myself!
  • woowoods
    woowoods Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started 1-6
    Down 4 lbs
    Not suffering the usual insane cravings/hunger pangs at all
    But yes I have had headaches on and off. But I woke up this morning feeling GREAT. Hope that lasts.
  • ryoko285
    ryoko285 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started 1-2 (again) after being off the last month or so... down about 6 lbs as of today, and for anyone who's been having headaches, I highly suggest taking a magnesium supplement, helps a bit w/ the headaches and if you get any muscle cramps :) + drinking lots & lots of water
  • kittykarin
    kittykarin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am not new to the keto diet, I have been on a low carb diet (with a few times falling off the wagon) since 2013. I've lost 162 lbs so far and when I feel myself starting to slip and letting more carbs and processed foods back in my diet, I will take it back to keto. One thing you can do to help with the headaches is drinking broth to replace the sodium your body will lose during the keto process. Pretty soon, the energy should kick in and you should start feeling really good! The only other suggestion I can offer is to make sure you are getting the needed fat to replace the lack of carbs and not too much protein. Good luck!!