Losing the last 20/ 2 a days

Options
So I am 20 pounds away from my goal of losing 100lbs. I exercise 6-7 days a week with 3-5 days incorporating heavy weights. I eat a clean diet free of gluten, dairy, added sugar, and processed foods. I want to lose these last 20 pounds by June , or at least as much as I can by then.

I feel that this is a pretty attainable goal as long as I keep training and eating like I am. My question is, should I start doing two a days? Like my cardio and weight/abs workout in the morning and then something else like more cardio or yoga and Pilates at night? Part of me thinks I should incorporate them a few times a week and the other part of me isn't so sure. What are your opinions or experiences?

Replies

• RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    What are your exercise goals? More cardio, etc would burn more calories and help you eat in a deficit, which could help, but also increases your risk of injury or burnout, which could set you back. Also consumes more time for probably not that much return as far as weight loss.

You can easily lose 20 pounds by June by just doing what you've been doing, as long you're in a calorie deficit.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    There are 20 weeks until June. If you lose a pound a week for twenty weeks, you'll meet your goal. I don't think it would take anything as drastic as working out twice a day. I would just op for continued daily exercise and a caloric deficit large enough to lose a pound a week.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I workout twice a day, 4 days a week, once the other 3 days. I average about 8 hours per week. You don't need to do 2 a days, but can if you want. I like it, do different workouts am/pm. I might do kickboxing am, lift heavy pm. Whatever works for you without causing injury or exhaustion.