apple cider vinegar

Options
2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    lenette88 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies and knocking some sense into me, apple cider vinegar is out haha. The military diet I'm using more as a way to somewhat get ideas of what to have for some meals, but there's no way I'm having 5 saltine crackers for lunch.

But those are horrible ideas for meals. Hot dogs, saltines and ice cream? You can do so much better than that.
  • TheGreatContigo
    TheGreatContigo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take a tablespoon of straight ACV if I get the hiccups --the shock of the the sour taste works every time. I also use it regularly in dressings and marinades, but I don't expect any magic weight loss.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Where did I put my popcorn?
    I.....err.
    Ate it.

And it was DELICIOUS!

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried incorporating apple cider vinegar into their diet? If so, can you tell me how you used it and if it worked? I'm trying the military diet this week and plan on adding a bit to my tea

Non filtered, non pasteurized ACV is a good source of probiotics...also, potassium. I use it when I get cramps and it seems to lessen the intensity. Beyond that, most of the ascribed benefits of ACV are just woo...it's not a magical weight loss potion.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried incorporating apple cider vinegar into their diet? If so, can you tell me how you used it and if it worked?

I use it as the acid when I make collards. It's quite tasty.

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I fell for the apple cider cures all and aids weight loss myths, so i started doing a shot mixed with water a couple times a day...

Fast forward two years later, and i still can not stand the taste of it in anything! The experience totally scarred me and put me off of ACV forever!
    I use it on my face as a toner now, and i squeeze my lips closed tight until it's dried, incase even a drop gets in my mouth :confounded: My eyes still water though!
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Where did I put my popcorn?
    I.....err.
    Ate it.

And it was DELICIOUS!

With or without ACV? :smile:
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options
    I swig that stuff all the time. But I'm weird and love the taste of it.
    FTR I've never been overweight but who knows if there's a connection. Either way a bit of ACV certainly won't harm you. Yo can use it to deglaze pans after you sauté meat or in salad dressings.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    FTR I've never been overweight but who knows if there's a connection. Either way a bit of ACV certainly won't harm you. Yo can use it to deglaze pans after you sauté meat or in salad dressings.

I don't swig ACV, but I do drink pickle juice. I love vinegar.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

+1 for drinking pickle juice and general vinegar love. I love anything that's sour, really. Do you like kombucha as well?
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Options

There you go. Some people just love that sour *kitten*. I don't like sweet stuff so I guess it's just a tastebud thing?
  • Alatariel75
    Options

+1 for drinking pickle juice and general vinegar love. I love anything that's sour, really. Do you like kombucha as well?

I have never tried it. I got put off when seeing it being made/grown at a friend's house but I'm being told I'd like it because of the sour thing. I might have to give it a go.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options

I have never tried it. I got put off when seeing it being made/grown at a friend's house but I'm being told I'd like it because of the sour thing. I might have to give it a go.

Yeah, it actually looks kinda gross in the bottle as well. But if you love sour, then you have to try it! I'd be surprised if you didn't like it. ;)
  • Alatariel75
    Options

Yeah, it actually looks kinda gross in the bottle as well. But if you love sour, then you have to try it! I'd be surprised if you didn't like it. ;)

Recommendation taken on board, I'll source some!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I wish vinegar could actually help. I love vinegar. I think I currently have 6 or 7 different varieties in my kitchen at the moment. Hehe.
  • Skyblueyellow
    Skyblueyellow Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love just vinegar as a dressing for my salad, but I prefer red wine vinegar.

So...I keep my ACV in the bathroom. I use it for a lot of things there. It can help with sunburn, can be used as a conditioner for hair, can be used to clear drains with some baking soda, can be used on the face, and I've used it under me old armpits when I've gotten a rash from my sports bra.

• amandakgray1
    amandakgray1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about its relevance to the military diet but I drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water every morning because helps with acid reflux. That is really the only benefit so if you don't have reflux it isn't necessary really
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

+1 for drinking pickle juice...

Pickle juice for the win! I thought I was the only one... :D
  • lenette88
    lenette88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I may not lose any weight this year, but I will have soft hair and dead fruit flies :)