Treadmills and low max user weight...

Options
I'm 350lbs, suffer with mental health disorders that keep me in the house 90% of the time so a gym is a big no go for me. Looking to purchase a treadmill and most i find have a 15 to 18 stone maximum user weight -_- :(

Replies

• FasterBehr
    FasterBehr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My Nordic Track T17.2 has a max user weight of 350lbs. I don't think it's still available but I think a lot of their models are in the same range. Some are available with big discounts.

I started out on mine at 371lbs and it's been a great tool for me. Apart from a replacement motor and belt in three years it's been reliable and comfortable. The sprung deck is very forgiving on the joints. Something you might want to consider when looking around.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    That's a discouraging problem, and I applaud you for taking the bull by the horns. I happened to notice today that the treadmill at my gym has a 400 lb limit. Here's a link to the various models. Looks like three of them go up to 400 lbs.

http://www.cybexintl.com/products/speccomp/specs/?id=770t

Good luck to you!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,680 Member
    Options
    You might also start with walking around your neighborhood or at home with Leslie Sansome dvds. Once your weight is a bit lower, then get a treadmill.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I did have to look for this when I purchased my elliptical a few years ago. There aren't many,but they're out there. They tend to be more expensive because they are a more substantial piece of equipment. Look at what NordicTrak has, they made my elliptical.
  • TheHive
    TheHive Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ahh wow thanks everyone I will take a look at them now, thank you very much :)