How long have you been an MFPer?

Options
Been a member since 2012 had good progress for a while but didn't really apply myself fully and lost focus. This time around it has really stuck fast lol I think it's because I have fully engaged in the community boards, have made it a point to really educate myself about healthy eating, fitness and all the phenomena e.g losing the chub rub, loose rings, fitting shorts that one goes through or catch-phrases e.g NSV, CICO, WOE, bro-science, diet fatigue - its been an absolute eye-opener.

I have also added more motivated friends (had a measly friends list when I first registered) so as a result of being more aware I have seen huge progress. Do you see yourself coming here for the foreseeable future? I think that I will need the guidance and the accountability this community offers for a long time yet so that's a yes from me :smile:

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    I've been here for just over a month. And in that time, my use of other social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) has plummeted. I've only got about 10-12 lbs left to lose, but after that I'll be switching to maintenance and likely doing a body recomp, so I definitely plan on sticking around for the foreseeable future. Feel free to add me if you're looking for a bit of extra motivation, support, and a few laughs along the way.
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've logged in for 300 days but I was coming here a couple months before that, just not daily. I foresee myself coming here many 300s more
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've been here for just over a month. And in that time, my use of other social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) has plummeted. I've only got about 10-12 lbs left to lose, but after that I'll be switching to maintenance and likely doing a body recomp, so I definitely plan on sticking around for the foreseeable future. Feel free to add me if you're looking for a bit of extra motivation, support, and a few laughs along the way.

Wow a month! such a chatter box already looking at your post count LOL - definitely adding you :smiley:
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    203 days.

I've learned and I'm still learning so much.

I'm especially happy to have learned about TDEE. I am armed with the information for maintaining my weight loss, something I was lacking in all the other weight loss journeys.
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Too long. I should have hit my goal last summer,. but I didn't. I have no excuse. Correcting where I went wrong last time and trying again to reach my goal before this summer begins.
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Signed up back in 2012 after going to the doctor's and realizing I had went from being under 120 for most of my teenage/adult life to being 165. Stuck with it for like two weeks or so and then gave up. Got pregnant and developed complications due to my weight and inactivity, so after baby arrived I returned in July 2013 and I've been using it on and off ever since. Finally got back down to 120 in June 2015 then got pregnant again two months later, so currently working on reach goal weight for a second time. (7 lbs left!) MFP has definitely helped with the weight loss and having the motivation to work out, and I plan to still use it even when I switch back to maintenance again. :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    511 days.

I had another account before this one which I had for a year, but I don't use it anymore and never did anything but log in my diary with it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    years and years. active the past 2+. had a log streak of 600 something till *kitten* hit the fan this year
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    3 years as of next Friday
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    March 2011 - over 5 years on maintenance.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    815 days
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I've been here on and off since 2013 :) I've closed my account down before because the forums suck me in and I end up spending way to much time here, but yet here I am again lol! I'll probably be here for the long haul- it's the only forum I've found that has a solid base of successful maintainers :)
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    60 days
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Been a member since 2012 had good progress for a while but didn't really apply myself fully and lost focus. This time around it has really stuck fast lol I think it's because I have fully engaged in the community boards, have made it a point to really educate myself about healthy eating, fitness and all the phenomena e.g losing the chub rub, loose rings, fitting shorts that one goes through or catch-phrases e.g NSV, CICO, WOE, bro-science, diet fatigue - its been an absolute eye-opener.

I have also added more motivated friends (had a measly friends list when I first registered) so as a result of being more aware I have seen huge progress. Do you see yourself coming here for the foreseeable future? I think that I will need the guidance and the accountability this community offers for a long time yet so that's a yes from me :smile:

I have been on since April of 2016. I was a member about 5 yrs ago but didn't take it serious enough. I am this time.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    347 days!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I joined in 2011 and lost 46 lbs before getting pregnant. Then got pregnant again a few years later (while in the midst of losing the weight I gained the first time).

Have now lost 64ish lbs and am lower than I got to the first time and still trucking! Also done having kids so I won't have that particular setback to deal with anymore ;).

(You guys, I gained 67 lbs with the first pregnancy. Don't be me. I only gained about 25-30 with the second but I'd only lost about that much before getting pregnant again so back to square one.)
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Close to 7 years and on maintenance for 6 and 1/2. I left about 2.5 years ago because I go tired of all the logging, weighing, and also because the forums and friends kept me hooked to this website, but and I kept my weight down and within my 2+/- lbs range.
    I came back because I wanted to keep better track of my macros and to use the Recipe builder too, but I am not that consistent with my logging anymore, especially while on vacation, on holidays, or when eating out or at friends' house. I use the PC not the app, so no internet= not logging. It is good to disconnect once in awhile, and this time I decided not to have friends.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've been on here on and off since 2011. Sometimes I step away for a while, but I really enjoy the site and always find my way back.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Three and a half years next month.
    I plan to keep coming here indefinitely.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Joined June 2013 is what profile says .. i guess about right . i had lost before and had some heath and attitude problems , but getting back on course .. thats one of the best things about this site , i think the people here are at at every stage of health / weight / fitness you can imagine . So no matter where your at there is guidance and advice here ..and REAL people

good luck