i can do this…

hi! i'm 33, disabled and dangerously overweight. i'm making a change. i've set a goal weight in the middle of the healthy weight range and i am working on getting moving and slowly improving my diet. so far i've lost nearly 1kg (2lb) in the last 5 days.

Replies

• bestlife42
    bestlife42 Posts: 36 Member
    Congrats on your loss....good job! Good luck on your journey. Stay focused and you will reach your goal. Take it one day at a time.
  • desikitteh
    desikitteh Posts: 12 Member
    oh, i intend to, am so tired of feeling trapped in my own body.
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 831 Member
    yes, yes you can!

I too feel tired of being weighed down by my overweight, heavy body and the crap I used to eat (not that I don't occasionally eat junky foods now)
  • desikitteh
    desikitteh Posts: 12 Member
    update! i'm now 36, i'm down to high 70's (official weigh in is tomorrow, but stepping on the scales today was just over 77!) down from a peak weight of 124. i've gone from wearing size 26 to wearing size 14 or 16 (10 in my stretchy gym tops so they don't move around much!) my bra size has also dropped massively resulting in bras being easier to buy on the obvious level as well as the fact that underwire bras no longer poke the benign cysts in my breasts from PCOS. i also experience less pressure induced Fibro pain in my hips and legs. i'm also eating a lot better and i actually drink an adequate amount of water!

i've recently published a blog post on my weight loss "secrets" so i'll share it here in case it's of help to others. http://www.desikitteh.me/blog/myweightlossjourney

my goal once i reach 65 (healthy according to BMI) is to lose another 5 kgs at a slower pace and then to work on other elements of fitness and to work up to being able to do 5km fun runs.